1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards z77 chipset and xp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mediapcAddict, 18 May 2012.

1. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Ok. That's all fair enough...

But now I'm left with an odd picture. Why do you want to upgrade at all? Are you missing something? <and this is meant to be read with an inquisitive tone.

Maybe I should have read every other word on the page... I did most of it. But I can't recall a reason for the upgrade. I don't know much about media software at all and I'd suggest and hedge a bet that you are right about Media Center by the way. I have only had bad experiences with it.

That should be most computers... Win7 has been more reliable for me than XP. Especially at work, where it matters.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Here is an idea!

How about you keep your current system, running XP as your capturing/media center system, and do your work, and gaming on your new system with Windows 7. If you need to transfer your stuff (lets say you do video editing) between you capture card to your new system to work on. Well you have different solutions. You can get a good Gigabit router, and use that to transfer your files overs between systems (and with both SSD's or fast HDD's) it won't be too time consuming, especially that you are transfer 1 large file, and not plenty of small ones (takes less time to transfer 1 big file than many small files equaling the same size as the big file). You also have eSATA port, which means you have the same SATA speed internal connector, outside. So you if you want to plug an external HDD, you can work with it as if it was inside your system.

I mean it's not ideal, I get that, but sure beats putting XP on a modern system.
    What do you think?