1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zalman Reserator 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Fly, 29 Apr 2004.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Looks just soooooo sexy, and theres nothing to stop you adding a radiator with 7volted 120mm fan for a wee bit extra cooling.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

How many times have i heard people in extreme cooling say "a resovior isnt a radiator"?? I at least expected piping on the inside to increase surface area.

3. BoomAM

BoomAM What's a Dremel?

Looks very good.
    Im actually considering buying one. With the VGA addon as well.
    My current cooling keeps my whole system below 40*c, and is reasonably quiet.
    If there was enough tubing, ie; 2-3m, then i could put it on my window shelf, as anything that goes there, even in the summer, is cold!.

I was gonna get an Asetek kit, but this Zalman looks pretty good, and on a XP1800 atm, and in the future (eventually), a A64, i should still get pretty good temperatures.

Where can they be brought from?

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

At the moment the only Distributor I have seen is quietpc.co.uk. As for putting it on your window shelf, you would have to keep the pc at the same height as the PC because the system is designed to be level with the cooling loop.

5. zip22

zip22 What's a Dremel?

the funny thing is, i wouldnt even consider myself a thermalright fanboy. im more of a watercooling junkie. ive got a little river white water, mag 3 pump, and chevette heatercore cooling my computer right now. i cant argue with the astetic qualities of the zalman though, it looks pretty nice. i also like the design of the video block that goes straight through, instead of turning the water around and reducing the flow. the thing about putting a fan on it i dont really understand though. if you bought a setup similar to mine, you could get better temps for less money, and a lot less space taken up than using a fan on the reserator. if you are looking for performance, i would reccomend going with asetek with the antartica block. its one of the best blocks (along the whitewater from dtekcustoms and the rbx (and the soon to be released tdx)from danger den).

also, i know that psu isnt very powerful, i just thought the cooling setup was pretty neat. i would never use it :)

6. BoomAM

BoomAM What's a Dremel?

How "level" does it have to be?
    I suppose i could settle with the Zalman on my desk, BUT, my PC case is HUGE, and is very heavy, my desk would only just support it.

B-Tech mentions that i can add an external pump. Would it be possible to get a decent pump, have that mounted IN my PC, with a auto on with PC card (cant remember the exact name of part), with a high enough flow rate to allow it to be on a different "level" to my PC?

Prehaps, a Hydor L20 or L30, from asetek, and a Asetek control unit, just for the pump, and the right adaptors to allow the asetek/hydor pump to fit on the Zalman.

7. Fly

The reserator has to be placed on the same surface as your PC. As for changing the pump, I should think that would do it. :clap:

8. BoomAM

BoomAM What's a Dremel?

So, apart from;
    Zalman Reserator1, Asetek/Hydor L20/30 & the Asetek pump control kit, what other parts/fittings would i need? Thanks in advance.

9. PC JUNKY

PC JUNKY Banned

Weird thing is that I had posted some pics of this from another review right before you posted this review here at Bit-Tech. . .

10. Fly

As long as you have enough of the correct size tubing that should be it. I would be tempted to fire off an email to Zalman or QuietPC to ensure compatibility before investing your hard earned. Personally I have always had a pretty prompt response from Zalman.

11. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

You can also buy them from Tekheads , they are currently shipping them in.

12. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

when i saw a new product reviewed that was from zalman i was a lil excited. To see it in all its glory just blew me away. I'm started to save for this already, its just go brilliant! I've got a fanned radiator I'm thinking of adding into the circuit, with the ability to turn on/off the fan when i want to or seem fit. You reckon the pump will be strong enough?

Its gonna fit in with my case scheme at the moment, so all the more interesting. I'll probably have to import it from overseas, as its VERY VERY expensive where i live.
    That thing is just beautiful!

13. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I saw one of these in the custom pc office a few months back and it was stunning. It sure is huge but its quiet and stunning looking :)

14. gello

gello What's a Dremel?

Doesn't suck the pump warm water from the Reserator inlet? :confused:

15. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

Fanless PSU

I was thinkin of using that plus this zalmen system myself for a nice quiet setup.

16. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Its the design of this one that makes it more of a resivor / radiator combo....Any large resivor will work as a radiator as long as the water has enough time to cool itself down...

Work also work well as a expensive pre made bong...Just move the inlet to the top with a fan and some sponge and wala...

and then?!

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Mmmmmm, tasty looking device :D When is this coming out? I think I could use one :thumb:

18. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

It's already available in a few stores :)

19. wharrad

wharrad What's a Dremel?

If you wanted extra height - the Eheim 1250 sitting on my desk here says it'll push water up to a height of 2 metres.

You could add one of those and make sure that the inlet/outlet of the zalman s not higher than 2 meters from the bottom of your water colling setup.

The pump in the thing looks alot smaller than the Eheim, so I'm guessing it'll have alot less range.

20. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

hmm, alternately if you have central AC, just put the unit over/under the vent, or stick it in front of an air conditioner. As to the tubing, i'm pretty damn sure that you're looking 13x10/12x8 - see review. at The system is compatible with 13 x 10mm and 12 x 8mm sizes so if you want to replace damaged tubing it shouldn’t be too difficult to find some.

Tags: Add Tags