1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zalman ZMachine LQ1000

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 19 Sep 2008.

1. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Looks like an awesome bundle... steep price, but this review definitely confirms the "You get what you pay for" slogan when it comes to cases and WC. I'm not *too* font of the front of the case, but it isn't bad. I wouldn't say no, if someone offered me one of these. It's nice to see Zalman provide such a product, that really tackled the serious issues that were put forth by customers. Kudos to Zalman.

2. Darkraven

Darkraven New Member

Love it or hate it, at least it's nice to see Zalman in the thick of things. I wonder if the market warrents the time and expence for what appears to be limited sales of such an expensive case. I would think limited but that's a quess on my part. I would spend my money on a Lian Li and the rest toward buying cooling that I like, but that's just me.

I'd rather see Zalman spend the time in coming up with the answer to dethrone the Thermalright 120 ultra. The noisy S9700 is not the answer. Seems to me they have the ability to do so if they put their mind to it. My S9500 is getting long in the tooth, are you reading this Zalman? (Just in case-LOL)

3. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

And each and every component has its own warranty, and if defective, is sent to a different part of the world, to be handled by different (good or bad) kinds of tech support, while you pay individual postage (or go to the store to replace it). The Zalman is supposed to make WC "easier" and in this regard, any fault in the system, you just get a new case, deal with one warranty, and one company. They've simply consolidated it all. It's the same reason that there are people out there who will pay $120,000 for a Lexus to park itself (parallel), over those who don't... if you have the money, and it makes things easier, you go for it.

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

This is pretty much what we said in the review. While you'll get better and cheaper watercooling performance elsewhere, you won't get as high a quality product, or have the watercooling so well integrated into the case design.

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

Thats bs. There are way better Higher Quality water blocks, connectors, hoses, rads and even pumps out there some even with a lifetime warranty compared to this case and his wc components. For around 400 euro you have a complete wc kit with all the whistles and bells including HQ 360 rad, HQ CPU block, HQ GPU block, HQ Chipset block, HQ Eheim pump, hoses and connectors. I watercool my systems since 2001 so I know where I am talking about.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2008
  6. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Takes the fun out of it, booo :p

Still, it looks pretty delicious.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're not exactly the target market though. ;)

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

These cases are simply gorgeous, they are super nice but not worth the asking price.

I managed to pick one of the old revisions up for £31.54p from the local auction house, and we only got it at that price because we paid £95 for coolermaster cosmos, gigabyte 3d auraora 750, zalman z-machine gt1000.

And it was only because i knew what i was looking at that we ought to buy it!

We managed to get £195 for it on ebay....not bad huh. I was actually really sad to let it go, in a way that i could have kept it for myself and had an awesome case, but the offset was that i could sell it and make £160 profit?

The build quality is fantastic, the whole thing as soon as you pull it out the box and touch it, it just oooozes coolness.

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The case looks a bit tacky IMHO... It might be built from high-class materials, but the front especially looks like something from 3RSystem or Thermaltake. I still say Lian-Li all the way, even though their build quality seems to have dropped of late.

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

But... it's so ugly.

11. tonschk

tonschk New Member

I preffer rather the Zalman aircooled GS1000 with the new fashion way of the PSU at the bottom of the case

12. Banana Jack

Banana Jack New Member

In response to the review comment about some people disliking the silk-screen logos on the case, I have it on good authority that these can easily be removed without damaging the aluminium finish by using paint-stripper such as Nitro-Mors etc.

13. thoscoflo763

thoscoflo763 New Member

I've never given the whole W/C thing a try. I just registered to this forum specifically to post on this thread. My question is...As someone who has ZERO experience with W/C, isn't this maybe an attractive option because of ease of use?... and is this possibly Zalman's target audience? It's got me thinking about taking the plunge. (Pun intended)...LOL

Tags: Add Tags