1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZapWizards' Chess Project -Submit your own chess pieces

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ZapWizard, 6 May 2003.

1. Spook

Spook What's a Dremel?

OMFG! Zap, you've done it again! :jawdrop:

Your brain must have about as much computing power as "The Earth Simulator"!!

If only I had 500$ lying around in an envelope saying "To be spent on awesome stuff built by Zap"... :sigh:

I may have to make a trip to Texas, just to steal your brain, and use it to take over the world. Shouldn't take more than half an hour, with your electronic skills combined with my evil genius :lol:

/subscribed (well, duh!)

2. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

A definate boost on this project would be to have an lcd read out movements peice by peice, then you could make hella bank off these suckers for chess tournies

3. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

That is all a possiblility later with a micro-controlled set.
    But I want this set to be a nice high-class, hardwired set, rather then computerized.

I don't have images of the proto-type, but it would just be a breadboard with a bunch of chips on it.
    I don't have time to work on this project right now anyways.

4. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Sounds like a killer project, you could at least make a nice clock for it using lcd or something. The movements would only be for someone who plays professionally anyways.

5. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

...pictures...

6. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

<thread hijacking="1">
    <common sense="0">

Hmm... or just as high-tech mabye would be one of those timer thingys for those timed speed chess matches... made with an LCD of course, plugged into a stealthed port... :naughty:

7. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

umm...no one hijacked the thread... everyone is still in relevance with tthe topic.......the only problem is that this thing was bumped up from like a year and a half ago.