1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Zerex Mixing Ratio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DETN8R, 4 Nov 2004.

1. pre

pre Minimodder

Probably lets the air in the loop travel/settle in top rather than having lots of bubbles being circulated around by the (powerful) pumps most people have.

I'd settle on it probably being air trapped in loop that you havent noticed causing the cavitation. First time I set up my loop I had pump on a sunbeam at low volts and I had no foaming after 8+hrs but at full volts I got some after a few minutes so. So I put opened up bleed and filled it up to top (large res) and left t-line open for few hours to let the water in loop heatup/expand with the pump on full volts. Closed it later and there was no more foaming.

2. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

not sure on the inside diameter of the barbs but Ill be dissassembling my system soon so I'll try finding some bigger ones and seeing if that works.

Anyone know how much 1/2" ID Tygon tubing stretches?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

About 3 mm in diameter. If you warm it up in some hot water first.

4. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Well I just upgraded to 5/8"od barbs, actually had them bored out to probably the widest they could possibly be without harming the ridgidity of them. Still seems very gasous. it appears Ive reached the limit with the size of the barbs on the bottom of the res and I have no room for barbs on the side of the reservoir.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, just to rule out that the inlet isn't still too constrictive and causing cavitation: put your pump on 7V or something (i.e. reduce its performance and hence its demand); see if you still get foaming.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You may just have to uncap it and let it sit for a while...

I've found that works for Zerex mixes...

Try a drop or two of bleach, that can do just as much as Zerex/WW and it has less cavitation problems... ...for problematic systems, at least...

7. pre

pre Minimodder

Not sure I'd be happy with bleach in a mixed metal system. I doubt it would do anything for corrosion? :eeek:

Tags: