1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zero punctuation reviews Halo 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Tim S, 4 Oct 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

WOW, it think it sums it up nicely.

3. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

That guy, clearly, has peered into my mind and made a funky little video review :)
    Gotta love the comedy of the Zero Punctuation stuff.

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

Really an insightful review and very funny. It's a shame he missed out the MP aspect, which is (I hate to admit), pretty good when you're not getting screamed at by 10yr olds

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I loved watching his older stuff. We agree on everything except Manhunt!

Ok, now go buy Psychonauts.

7. sammo1999

sammo1999 What's a Dremel?

Exactly How I Feel.

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

What's that I hear? A sensible opinion not swayed by the drooling "IT R HALO IT MUST R BE GUD LOL" masses?! Surely not!

I like his reviews, I found myself agreeing completely with his Bioshock review too.

I think the Halo series is the defining product of the downwards curve that began with games like Deus Ex: Invisible War - That curve, the slippery slope guided by the vapid stares of a million drones, lubricated by their ever-flowing drool, leading straight into Microsoft/Activision/EA/[insert Publisher here]'s pockets.. A curve plotted by sequels that spurn intellectuality or creativity and instead focus on mass-market appeal.

Halo is FIFA, Halo is Trivium, Halo is Reality TV, Halo is wasted potential, Halo is making a fortune for its developers and publishers.

I guess I'm just bitter that Deus Ex Invisible War was brainless, that BioShock wasn't System Shock 3, that Fallout 3 looks to be 'streamlined' into mediocrity for the Xbox generation the same way that Oblivion was (and Invisible War, again) and that the whole world of gaming seems to be stuck in a rut of adoration and obsession for a game that does nothing new or innovative, even if it adequately achieves what it set out to (ie; make more money with a passable shooter).
    And then we wonder why those of us who see games as an art form find it so difficult to persuade the masses as to its artistic merits.. All the world outside of gaming enthusiasts ever sees is an endless line of Halos, Grand Theft Autos, Manhunts, The Sims and FIFAs.

It's a fun game, and I'm sure there are people out there who love the game simply on its own merits, people who would love the game for its story, characters and gameplay, but then I'd like to sit those people down at a PC running Deus Ex, System Shock or Half Life and show them what it really means to play a game that deserves a 10/10 rating, not just one that gets a 10/10 rating for the sake of hyperbole and going with the flow..

9. kempez

kempez modding again!

I agree, too much hype has been surrounding Halo 3. I think it's an "OK" game and online is good fun, more than can be said for a lot of games :) However it is very much sticking to a tried and trusted format, rather than going "out there". Problem is that going "out there" is risky and games are a huge business, so most devs can't afford to do that. Especially those being forced by Microsoft into making a game that brings master chief to their newest games platform. And 10/10 rating...100% correct, no way is Halo 3 a 10/10 game

Having said that, Bioshock I really enjoyed (and still am going through the 360 version) and Gars of War was awesome (look out for Gears 2, 3, 4 and 5!!). Some games I NEED the next years version (PES for example :p), but most are low-effort rip-offs.

Anyway, the review was great and I really enjoyed it :)

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

This guy really does hit the nail on the head everytime. I really liked his summary of Heavenly Sword(s).

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

Another great review :D

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i havent seen any other reviews of his except this one but does he just say how all games suck or does he actually think some games are good?

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

LMAO.
    That is ****ing hilarious!!!

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Quite a few and I tend to find myself agreeing with him a lot. My GF thought it was me under a pseudonym originally.

The Psychonauts review is positive and he also references Monkey Island, Beyond Good and Evil and Thief: The Dark Project as being great games.

15. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

He rocks! That video was hilarious! And it's nice to see a review that doesn't kiss the posterior of a below-average-yet-another-shoot-em-up-for-the-360.

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

That was bang on. What an awesome reviewer.

17. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

why am i the only person who cant get this ****ing video to play?!
    GRRRRRRRRR

18. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

try enabling scripts from videoegg

19. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

i gave up in the end and just found it on youtube lol

20. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Just one more reason why I like the Brits...

God I loved that!

(If you have Adblock, make sure it's disabled on that page)