bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th May 2017, 19:26   #1
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Tower Level 10 - My entry in the Thermaltake Modding Invitational 2017 Season 1

Hello everybody!

And yes, here we have yet another project in parallel... Maybe it's not good for my health but in any case, I hope to make it as special as I can. First up a huuuuge thank you to Thermaltake for hosting the comp this year and to everybody who popped my name in the bag. Also a big hand to all the sponsors who will be providing hardware for this mod! Thermaltake Luxa2 Asus Republic of Gamers and V-Color

This year I was invited to take part in the 2017 Invitational representing the UK, we will be modding a monstrous Tower 900.

So what will I be doing with this colossal case? Well I wanted to try and change it as much as possible, but to a design that I feel is sympathetic to the original. So in other words big, heavy, premium, glass and on-show. I thought it may be interesting to try and combine a bit of TT history into it, so how about adding elements from the original Level 10 chassis? I really liked the modular approach of that case, and the materials were really something too (not talking about the mass market GT version here).

In classic form, I'll let the renders do the talking:

This time I figured I'd render a whole battlestation for the rig haha. The PSU will be in the lower compartment, with the cables passing to the top through the structural midplate. The motherboard will be rotated like in the stock tower, only with the ports facing down instead.

The cooling will be handled by a beastly 540mm radiator in a separate compartment, which is connected by a giant acrylic waterblock. Seriously it's huge, there will also be a second waterblock in the top compartment so as to keep the tubing nice and neat.

So let's skip to the first bits of progress eh (albeit the planning took a good 60-80 hours).

I REALLY like the design of these drain ports. They're much less intrusive than the tap shaped ones.

Little mod to begin with but I wanted the radiator to match, so sprayed both it and the fans in a gunmetal silver. Those fans were not easy to remove either, ended up cutting under my thumb nail with one of them and snapped another in half... Still I think the results will be worth it.

Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:06   #2
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Okay I promise the log will get a bit more exciting very soon, but you know me, I like the slow burn.

Big news for me at least, the hardware arrived! This is usually fairly important in my builds as I like to theme everything and use exact measurements where possible. So the hardware arriving means I can progress to the main modding of the case itself.

But of course here are some pretty pictures of the gear. No egregious box shots, just hardware. I'm very interested in the V-Color parts actually. I saw the brand at Computex last year, but they basically don't exist over here, so all their products are a mystery to me. So I was quite pleased to find out that both the RAM and the SSD are RGB. As far as I know, there aren't many RGB options for either of these products so that's rather cool.

Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode