Would you piss on a dead Afghan?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Porkins' Wingman, 12 Jan 2012.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

Wow, some really good banter going on in this thread. I am surprised no one mentioned that the title of the thread is a bit misleading. No I would not piss on a dead Afghan. BUT, If I were in the military fighting against the Taliban sure, I would piss on there dead bodies, after all I would have had it in me to kill them anyway, right?! Why not take a big stinking **** on them afterwards? As far as video taping it...now that was stupid.:wallbash:

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm curious. If you consider it perfectly fine to urinate and/or defecate on dead Taliban soldiers, then why do you draw the line on video taping it?

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

You should watch the first episode to Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan, they interview some of the lads who practically says the Taliban are sub-human!! I concur seeing some of the nasty crap they've done are doing.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

You appear to have either missed my previous question or avoided it on purpose so I will ask it again.

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Until proven guilt I will not comment!

On the other hand we have ample evidence to support the Taliban are vile sub-humans and deserve everything they get!

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You realise that the term sub-human has been employed before in history don't you? I'll leave it to you to guess which country employed the term and in what period of history.

The Taleban are probably, for the most part, bad people. A not insignificant number of soldiers fighting on "our" side are also bad people. You can claim that the taleban are really evil, and that the soldiers are going through hell every day - that does not however excuse immoral actions like say, raping kids.

Why on earth it's so hard to face up to the fact that in our military we are bound to have paedophiles, rapists, and murderers is beyond me. It's an organisation which is primarily designed to defeat an enemy, generally by killing. I've met a lot of great soldiers, and most of the guys you meet in the service are on the whole of it, decent lads. But there are bound to be a few in the pot who're just, quite simply, terrible people.

G0UDG likes this.
  7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Well you can create a new thread asking that exact question but this thread is titled 'Would you piss on a dead Afghan?'

8. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Sorry but if we want to be the 'good' guys then we don't get to use the excuse of "well they're do terrible things so deserve everything they get". We need to treat them just as we would treat one of our own, regardless of what they might have done if the situation were reversed.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

No mate, we shouldn't treat these sub-humans as our own. What are you implying? We are just as bad as the Taliban! And it's not a case of what they 'might' have done, you can find numerous videos of what they HAVE done and are still doing!

You should watch Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan and then come back and tell me if we should treat them as if they were our own!!

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  10. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I'm not implying anything. I'm stating that if we want to claim we are the 'good' guys out there then we have to act like that. And that means treating the people we're fighting against with the same respect and dignity as we would show to our own troops. The fact that the Taliban wouldn't do the same in the reverse situation is not an excuse to treat them as 'sub-human' or give them 'everything they deserve'.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

OK, just for giggles let's take an alternative look at the above quote:

:thumb:

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

[Red] Dwarf Nut, You're creating disparate definitions of the same actions:

"One group of people is sub-human because of their actions being desecrating / defiling", and

"Another group of people are not sub-human while they can desecrate / defile"

You need to make up another policy not based on actions to make it stick.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Funny you should say that, because it has still not been established that the bodies being urinated on were in fact Taleban insurgents and not ordinary civilians. They are certainly dressed as civilians and no weapons are visible in the video. Innocent until proven guilty, no?

Your moral reasoning is flawed. Whether you are the good guy, i.e. whether you are moral has everything to do with your own behaviour and nothing to do with the behaviour of others. When you steal from a thief you are still a thief yourself. When you desecrate te body of a murderer you are still desecrating a body.

As an aside, Spec is right: the army has bad people in it just as much as any other profession. Considering the nature of that profession good people are more likely to leave as the acts that this profession involves are more likely to be experienced by them as 'ego-dystonic' (i.e. as "unlike me, or how I like to perceive myself"). People who feel comfortable with violence towards others are more likely to stay.

14. GrandeP

GrandeP What's a Dremel?

Completely out of order but what do you expect, they're Americans who only think of themselves and their testes of steel.

15. Nexxo

And how is that comment any different than: all Afghans are Taliban scum?

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

What is it you like about these people, I see you almost on every thread defend them!

In response to your question, you can't tell the difference! Like soldiers have said, the Taliban could be disguised as farmers one minute the next, armed with an AK ready to kill you!

17. Nexxo

Actually I was defending American soldiers (in general). Please keep up with the debate already.

The fact that the Taliban hide amongst civilians is cowardly and indeed makes things tricky for the Allied soldiers. But what do you expect they do? Kill any Afghan on sight? You can't shoot people because you think they might be insurgents. You cannot assume that the bodies in the video are. You need proof. That higher standard is what makes us better than the Taliban.

18. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Yep, I would.

19. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

human nature is very depressing at times.

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Episode Two is on tonight, Channel 5 at 9PM... don't miss it, this episode they come very close to Taliban fighters!!!