Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Complete set of wheel nuts & locking nuts, since one of the caps on the OEM Ford nuts has come off, and knackers to having another set made the same way.

Service kit minus airfilter for the RS, and oil
    EU spec registration plates
    Screw caps for registration plates
    Little adhesive bumpers for reg plates
    Caliper refurb and new pads/retention pins/bolts

Eugh, expensive month.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Two cheap baseball caps. For why? To build a rain-sensing hat, of course. Which I now have working in principle:

[​IMG]

Just got to tie it in to a micro:bit now and the headliner for Chapter 12 is done and dusted!

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would rather have a deluge on my head rather than wear one.
    I was almost sacked from a job as my employer bought in a new style of uniform which included a baseball cap and I hate them with a passion. When I see someone wearing one back to front or the peak to one side I want to remove them from the gene pool.

As an aside does your build sense rain before it rains or when it is actually raining as surely you can just put out your hand?:D

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I already posted about this, but I'm gonna post it again with a glory shot:

[​IMG]

It's far, far bigger than I expected.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That's what sh...

Oh nevermind.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You wish :D:D

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Didn't post this yet. Decided to go a little crazy on the Nike store the other day. Needed new clothes (top to bottom) and they were doing 50% off. So for £180 I got.

Man City training bottoms (second team is Man City, used to go stay in Oldham for 6 weeks every summer when I was a kid)

[​IMG]

Nike Flex training bottoms.

[​IMG]

Nike Flex shorts.

[​IMG]

Roma Tshirt.

[​IMG]

Couple of basic Tshirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then it happened. Just like headphones I seem to have a very hard time of controlling myself when it comes to them, and trainers. So I saw these..

[​IMG]

And had to have them. I always choose the cheap ones lmao :D

Having said that, £180 for the lot is only £30 more than the trainers cost, so I'm quite delighted. Just need some more Tshirts now (less happy, black prolly) and some more black cargos. I can only take the "Dress in light clothes would you? it will make you feel happier" from my psychiatrist so far...

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

A pint of pale ale and a packet of salted nuts.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

A WE 881 Eotech clone

[​IMG]

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

[​IMG]

I wanted a 1060 Strix, but as of right now I don't need one - I get maybe 2-3 hours a week of gaming time at the minute, and I have a honeymoon coming up in 2 weeks, so I went sensible for now*.

*IE - buy a low end card that can still play games at 1080p, then see how Volta/Vega shape up:naughty:

11. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

Wanted a set of BDs with Tesla drivers for ages. Time to see what all the fuss is about !

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks to all those that suggested the Bocsh Rotak 32 R in my 'Spec me a lawnmower' thread. After a bit of a faff putting it together where I managed to lose a screw it has been put to the test and I am well please.

[​IMG]

13. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Oh you should love them, mine are fantastic. They do expose lower quality recordings though so expect a couple tracks to maybe sound worse than they did before...

14. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

New toy ^_^

[​IMG]
    Got a nice little bonus and wanted something silly

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Dell XPS 15 9550, Core i5 with 8GB DDR4 RAM, a 1TB HDD + 32GB SSD, GTX 960M and a 1080p screen. Just need an SSD to replace the HDD with now.

Sam

16. Vault-Tec

Well I only paid £60 for them* and I doubt they will replace my Grado RS2E any way.

* I got them on Ebay from a place that sells customer returns. They are absolutely pristine to look at, but apparently the left side has a lower output than the right. I can either try fiddling with the balance, or, replace the driver for £100. As I said though, I have yet to find anything that can come anywhere close to the sheer crystal clearness of my Grados, so they will probably just end up on the headphone rack any way :D I sometimes change to my larger headphones for some bass filled fun, but seriously when you put the Grados back on it's like you've been wallowing through mud. Sure, they lack at the low end but seriously they are incredible for detail and the soundstage is unmatched.

I only really want to audition the Tesla drivers for a few hours, then they will just go with the others haha.

Sorry missed a bit. All of the music I listen to is direct rip uncompressed WAV Alex. I buy my CDs from Amazon usually for less than £1 each, rip them and then either give them to my mother (if they're soppy or something she would like) or pass them on to my brother or what not. My Grados exposed every crap recording I had and I spent about three months replacing all of them lol.

17. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Ahh well that does make a difference haha, figured you were stepping up rather than down for curiosity. But for £60 that's a steal, I felt good at £280 haha.

The recording thing has been such a bug bear of mine for a while now. I listen to A LOT of classical, I can tell you it's a nightmare finding high quality recordings of select pieces by particular orchestras. Modern stuff is all fine as they record in a studio and live, but not all pieces were covered recently and sometimes you want a particular musician etc. So many recordings have horrid hissing in them or poor balancing, the live-ness of them is fine, just poor equipment that gets in the way.

Definitely something that gets taken for granted given almost all other genres have been studio recorded for the last 50 years or something.

18. Vault-Tec

My favourite part of wearing headphones is listening to live music. The Grados are so detailed that you can literally hear every inhalation of the singer. I too listen to a lot of classical music and the Grados are just amazing at it. From what I have read they won't hold up to my Grados any way. As I say, nothing does. I guess I just got lucky buying those (£320 instead of £500) and actually found a match so to speak.

But yeah you're spot on about the quality of the music at the other end. I ended up replacing around 90% of my MP3 collection with either FLAC (if I could not buy the CD or it was ludicrous*) or WAVs I ripped myself. What is annoying is when you buy a CD, rip it, and find out they used crap quality equipment to record it with :D There's no fixing that lmao.

* I have a bit of a thing for rave music. OK look I'll be honest anything is fair game to me music wise. Reggae, Ska, Punk, Rock, literally everything. Any way, I wanted this CD by Omni Trio (who do Renegade Snares.. If a pair of headphones lives through it without a fart or quack then it's a good pair). CD is called "Music For The Next Millenium". Can't remember the release date but it's rocking horse poo basically. Goes for up to £300. I wasn't about to pay that, but did manage to find it as FLAC and cue.

I also wanted "Ant Box" by Adam And The Ants as it contains some of their "beta" songs that were tarted up for the charts. Again, pretty rare and again, stupid money. If I can get a CD for less than a fiver though I will always buy them :)

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Ray Ban 3025 Aviators with prescription lenses £160
    [​IMG]

And typically they arrive after the sun goes away and the rain starts to fall. :sigh:

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Who or what is the seller on eBay, you've got me fancying a different pair of cans now.