1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Episode 3

Discussion in 'General' started by toidiochysp, 19 May 2005.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i heard on the radio the other day that lucas has a new Star wars plot in his mind... for ep 7 supposingly set 100 years before ep 1...

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

True. But after seeing all the super-dextrous dueling from Episode 1 up to that point, it just didn't seem right that something as simple as a slight height advantage could spell defeat so easily.

Maybe it had something to do with being so consumed by hate/fear that he let his guard down? Maybe it's just some Jedi thing (height advantage = automatic win). Of course, Darth Maul had the height advantage over Obi Wan (right after Qui Gon died). Heck, Darth Maul had Obi Wan hanging on to the edge, with no means of defense whatsoever. Obi Wan jumped out of the hole, flipped over Darth Maul, turned on his lightsaber, and cut Darth Maul in half.

I think Lucas just ran out of ideas and was running long on film time.

-monkey

3. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

According to my cousin, who is mates with George Lucas, and was married on Skywalker Ranch (anyone heard of Kevin Smith? He's a film director.), its not Episode 7.

Its a Episode 0. And its Yoda's story, how he lost his kids and wife yadda yadda yadda (I switched off)

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

TBH I found the book to be better than the film (that's not to say I didn't enjoy the film :D)

5. Cerenkov

Cerenkov What's a Dremel?

Your cousin is who.... :eeek: :jawdrop:

Sweet!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

(so will the audience...)

7. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I only just saw the film yesterday (waited for the crowds to die down). I agree with most of the comments said so far.

You just have to love Obi Wan's line "I can't bear to watch any more" as he watches the holo. *Gag*

How do you flip to the dark side so quick. I mean, really?

As to the question about why didn't Vader use his dark side powers - he doesn't have any yet. He's only just sworn allegiance to the emperor to learn. Only through time and training would he obtain these abilities - just like it took time and training to obtain jedi abilities.

It is the best of I, II and III though. I do enjoy the way everything is starting to look more like ep IV. But where did the Nazis suddenly come from?

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

he wont do it.

eventually he will work out that its just not a good idea to tarnish a very near perfect run of 6 films. IMO star wars is a fantastic idea. IMO nobody could have pulled it off better, but as Lucas said at the Odeon premiere in london...

"There will be no more star wars films. Star wars was the tale of the tragedy of darth vader."

Which is true. We dont need to see the republic rebuild, nor do we need to know more about yoda's kids. Let it be. If it comes to it, i'll personally create a petition to stop him doing it :p

9. Vito

Vito What's a Dremel?

I agree the world does not need another 3 films with the same characters. I would have prefered different characters.