1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Macbook battery woes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dizman, 28 Dec 2006.

1. Dizman

Dizman What's a Dremel?

So my poor, beloved macbook is refusing to acknowledge the existence of its battery. Up to this point, I've had absolutely no trouble with it, and I can't figure out what would cause that. Any ideas?

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Sounds strange... maybe the terminals are dirty? Does it run of the battery anyways, or just totally not function if unplugged? I'd check for any sort of corrosion (though I've never heard of it happening on laptop batteries) and just reseat it and see if that works.

Since I'm noticing you're in Vermont :rock: if you're not too far out of South Burlington, the Small Dog Electronics store might be able to figure it out. If not, I'd give Apple a call and see if they can come up with anything. Though I'll bet they tell you the same thing I just did, and then have you send it in if that doesn't work.

3. Dizman

Dizman What's a Dremel?

I am near small dog, and I dropped it off today. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything stupid before I got somebody to look at it. But a week with no mac? *crawls into fetal position*

4. bennifer

bennifer What's a Dremel?

Mine did that, was using it and it came up with a no battery installed thing. A few days later my hard drive burned out, along with the hdd controller on the logic board... dead macbook! hoorah!

Tags: