Chimp Challenge - sign up here

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Lizard, 23 Apr 2009.

1. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

I'm more than happy to re-distribute "The Weapons" 60K PPD to keep the fires burning on individual user names while you guys carry on with the challenge. I just won't spend a penny on electricity to use those points directly for the challenge username. Stupid, I know, but there you go. There is logic there somewhere. ;)

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

You're being too nice now. I'm scared.

3. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

I scare myself at least twice a day! :D

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Is that what you call it :rolleyes:

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That is an offer of extreme kindness considering all you have already done for the benefit of the team this week, but don't feel that you have to do it just because you aren't taking part in the challenge. Like you, all I am interested in at the moment is contributing to the team's total in an attempt to hold the #5 spot and also to advance the project further. There will be plenty of time for my hardware to catch up to whoever may overtake me in the coming days and weeks once the challenge is over anyway! Actually when I return to folding under "Unicorn" I will have more PPD than before starting the challenge, thanks to the addition of 2 new rigs to my farm :)

6. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I see that we have not made the 1,000,000 points yet and the Leader will complete the challenge in 3 more days at the most.
    I do not regret taking part but do consider it a poor effort by the team, however I recognise that every individual has a right to make their own choice, and I would do it again,but would want a better team effort, our daily points are already dropping which is sad but Many thanks to all that supported our efforts :clap:

7. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

The majority of the Top 20 Producers did not join the Chimp Challenge which is a big Shame. Some obviously don't come on forums often; others have chosen to ignore the challenge. Well I'm happy to continue to the end with everyone who's particpating currently.

8. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

Agreed, you only have to look at the first page of Kakao
    http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=35947
    to see that the message has not got through

9. saspro

saspro IT monkey

You have to remember were a magazine based team.
    Over 99% of our members don't visit the forums.
    We were invited after the last issue went to print and the challenge started a couple of weeks before the next issue (with the folding feature) is out.

We were stuck from the beginning.

10. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

My own opinion as to team participation is best kept to myself as it's fairly strong. I continue to be hopeful that as people check the team stats they will start to wonder who this new mega folder called CPChimps is and then investigate a little further.

As to folding for another 50+ days, I'm happy to continue until the Cap'n calls it a day. My own view on this is that we stop when all the finishing positions have been determined as has been suggested on the MPC forum i.e. when the 7th placed team crosses the line. Whatever we do, we should do it as a team. This is, of course, assuming we are still in 8th place and have not somehow pulled off a miracle and won the whole thing :D

Last edited: 8 May 2009
  11. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Let the Team Captain decide :)

12. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'd say lets stick it out for a bit. If we're still looking at 30 days after 7th is called then we have to rethink it.

13. Taffy

Those CPChimps have just pushed me down two places, and to think that I helped them yah :thumb::thumb:

14. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Two places? Is that possible?

15. Taffy

Well actually one was them, and one was another that caught up with Me cos i didn,t have any points, so i blamed CPChimps for the Two places :D:D

16. Majik

Majik Another CPC refugee

I'm happy to stick it out to the end (let's see if we can overtake the pharm! :)). New 9600GSO coming this weekend though I was hoping for it to turn up before the challenge.

I can't help feeling as though we've let you down Sas. After all the help you've given us I was expecting a little more from the team. Nevermind - learning curve springs to mind.

17. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

But if we overtake the pharm we'll have not only overshot the end point by 13 million we will have trampled all over me:waah:

That should bother me but for some reason it doesn't :confused:

Anyways, it's nice to see that you've lost none of your enthusiasm Mike :cooldude:

18. Majik

Majik Another CPC refugee

If anything, this chimpenge (sorry!) has increased my enthusiasm plus it's the only thing I have left to cheer about. My Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 rankings are dropping like a fly with lead wings :duh:

I think it doesn't bother you because you went all out for this comp - so hat's off to you :hip:

How about we get to 5 million; a nice milestone?

19. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Sounds great .......... on our way to 20 mil and winning of course :naughty:

20. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

For the notice we had i think we have all done well to get this far.

If we had more notice and didnt lose some of our folders in the move i think we would have been atleast 7th. Shame it had to come soon after the move from cpc to here..

Where's cyberpower gone. is he folding for the team?