Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Sors salutis -by AnG3L(15 April 2011 - Video is UP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 10 Dec 2010.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I enjoyed the time I ve spent in your apartment buddy watching the art on your walls and drinking all of your beers! :lol:
    Thanks brother I like your choice in art, now I am sure you like my painting techniques ;) :thumb:

Thats an awesome idea buddy I never though about that, but unfortunately it wont be completely visible for 2 reasons.
    1)The angle of this mod and
    2)The design of the windows.
    But really this is wonderful idea I might use it for something else though!! :p

2. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I feel sad for you, if you drank my beer! Because I've been sober for a little over 16 months now, so non-alcoholic beer is all you would have found in my appartment nowadays! :p
    And yea, for some reason I am a sucker for painting in layers like that. It's the 3D sensation of it I enjoy I guess! :)

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

looking great

4. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I still think those paint jobs look good enough to eat.

I have two sisters who are chronic alcoholics and are probably going to cause me to attend early funerals, so I choose to completely avoid alcohol altogether. I just don't want to go there, know what I mean?

5. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

voigts: Sorry to hear about that. Too much of a good thing is bad.

Back on the subject: the paintjob is really wonderfully weird. Make a video of the Corsair RAM cooler in action, please. Must look like 2 pizzas spinning really, really fast, hehe.

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

OMG thats why it tasted weird lol ;)

Thanks man!!! :)

Sorry to hear that bro, I used to drink a lot for many years its been 4 years I quit all my bad habits except smoking, my prayers with your family my friend.
    I might start considering that cake kind of thing and begin some pastry modding lolz :D
    You gotta be my first client though!!! :p

Pizza cheesecake!!! This is my only mod I ve heard so many "food" comments lol :hip:

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I was thinking the same thing :lol: mmmm cake :D.

And yeah, smoking is the 1 last bad habit I need to shake off while my health is ok, too many leave it until it does bad damage so heres hoping you, me & any other smoker sees sense some how & gets the urge to quit before the damage kicks in, they are a total git to quit :wallbash:, the world needs a rehab for die hard smokers :lol: all the media commercials & warnings just irritate me, if the government made tobaco illegal or suddenly doubled or trippled the price it would be easy to quit.

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Modern society and its fast rhythm and anxiety are the main reasons for diseases.
    Not that smoking isnt! Hopefully will quit before somethings go wrong lol but for now lets enjoy modding!!!! :rock:

9. MarcosLFV

MarcosLFV What's a Dremel?

Great masterpiece! :thumb:

Congratulations!

10. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Wow man, what a bloody good paintjob! In my art lesson this morning I thought of you when I made a same effect by hacking a plastic with scissors :duh:

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro!!! So probably I am the hacker with the scissors lolz ;) :)

12. rgrande

rgrande What's a Dremel?

haha looks tasty :p

Gj man!

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Guess I just discovered my new talent on pastry lolz ! :p
    Thanks bro!

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Yeah I update like a madman cause I gotta finish this project asap!
    I usually finish many parts before I update but my rhythm doesnt all me that.
    Lets begin !

I had to cut the wires from the radiator fans in size, cause they were a lot bigger.
    No more soldering this time as I purchased some fan crimp connectors.

Measured each fans exact wire length and cut them in size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crimping tool + connectors + experience = perfect job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wires sleeved in red and white sleeving. White sleeving isnt perfect as its stated in MDPC site too but I didnt have any white tape to use with the cables so it does the job for me as it is too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All 4 fans ready!

[​IMG]

Marking for the cable management clips on the mobo tray.

[​IMG]

Threads for the screws.

[​IMG]

Clips installed!!

[​IMG]

Next I had to do a support bracket for the motheboard tray for many reasons. The weight of the motherboard along with the graphic card exceeded the 3 kgs and also the weight pressure point its not horizontal or vertical as in most cases but something like 45 degrees so I had to find ways to share the weight pressure along the case so it wouldnt bend anything and cause further problems.
    5mm white acrylic again with a lot of fantasy and planning.
    I draw the main design on the acrylic, cut it with dremel and filed it afterwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bending process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished the design by cutting and filing any excess pieces and also added 2 cable management clips to use with nearby cables! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also soldered and sleeved the vandal switches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some shots with the motherboard support bracket attached (welder + screws) and the vandal switches installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading my update guys, till next time peace!!! ;)

15. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

This project reminds me on how hard I failed building a full perspex case, few years ago :D
    I somehow, "don't like" this stuff as a primary building material, since :D... but you clearly have no problem with that :thumb: great job so far...

16. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Whoohoo, oldscool soldergun :D!

Nice cable routing to :D!

17. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Yeah, I was thinking the same! Kinda looks like something that would normally be accompanied by the phrase "Set your phasers on stun". ;)

The white sleeving isn't perfect, because you will ALWYS be able to see the coloured wires somehow. While you were at it crimping, you COULD have exchanged the wires with some white or black ones (red wouldn't have worked, unless you like your sleeving to look pink-ish), but that a much bigger task - and, you would also have to be really careful about which wire is which. All in all, looks good enough to move on - gotta keep progressing with casemods, or you'll die when going into too many details.

18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Yeah I dont like it too but for this particular mod though which is not square lolz.
    I still dont have access to cheap aluminum so I choose acrylic cause its easier to find and cheaper!
    Thanks bro! :thumb:

The best soldergun buddy!!! Thanks!! :D

Soldering the wires into the fans motor isnt an easy process at all and as far I messed with these fans I saw that the connections are in a place where you need a tiny soldergun which I dont have but who cares, I modded all the rest lolz! :D

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Very nice Alex :rock::clap::thumb:.

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro! :)

Tags: