1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Just curious, but what exactly would be needed mod wise for the UI? I will admit I only wish I could make it a little smaller, but I don't see what is honestly needed after that. Alot of the popular WoW mods seems to have been built into TOR with the exception of moveable frames.

2. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I'd like to be able to move elements around, change the scale and reskin the UI. Perhaps it's just i've got used to it in WoW where my UI has been completely altered from the default but the UI in SWTOR just seems overly big and clunky imo. Some sort of combat log would also be nice.

It'd also be nice to have some sort of visual cue when certain abilities are available, such as Riposte or Yen. Having to keep staring at the action bar to keep track of a buff count or to see if the ability has lit up is kinda detracting from the enjoyment of seeing my jedi kick ass.

Last edited: 28 Dec 2011
  3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I agree, having an indicator somewhere in the middle of the screen would be very useful for the "triggered" abilities.

However for "Riposte" (that's the Jedi version of Retaliation right?) you can usually see when you deflect and/or dodge an attack and use it after that. The only issue is when it becomes available after shielding an attack as i don't think the Shield has a visual effect.

I've recently really been wanting to play my Juggernaut... had a blast with him in beta, but i'm saving him for when a friend starts playing at the end of January. Three of us are going to go through the entire story/levelling process as a group (only playing those chars. when together) and try and get it similar to DnD sessions that we used to do.

4. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

I've heard this it's a single player game with mp elements story a few times and i have to say i disagree. Ok, so the story relating to your character is a purely single player affair but there are so many group quests thrown around that i find myself grouping more often than not. However it really does depend on what you expect from multiplayer too....

Regarding the UI i agree that some tweakability would be nice but i don't want this game to allow mods. Anything like that should be left internal, though i think they should introduce some greater customisability within the game to make it feel more personal. I know they are working on a macro system and UI customisability (to some extent) so it is just a matter of time.

My major gripe so far in the game is the GTN. i mean what the hell were they thinking!!!!! :duh: anyone who has used it will understand.

Last edited: 31 Dec 2011
  5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah it's rubbish and why the hell aren't there always mailboxes close to the terminals.

6. el2k

el2k Modder

Ding, 50 :)

7. el2k

el2k Modder

P.S I'm on Chundaar if anyone else is give me a shout.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Why the hell aren't there mailboxes on our ships?! And yea the GTN is pretty awful what ever way you look at it.

9. GravitySmacked

Fast work :thumb:

I'm only level 26 but I got my speeder today so it's all good :D

10. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

I dinged 50 on launch day :D 20th that is...
    btw Im on luka sene if anyone else is there.

11. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I agree. The GTN is the most unintuitive thing about the game in my opinion. Search options that don't work (Don't try using the drop down for "Usable by"). And though it's still early in the game, massively inflated prices (on Tarro Blood the Color Crystals go for insane amounts of credits). I found it cheaper to either use Commendations at Vendors, or purchase a Weapon at the Specialty Vendor with my own credits for the Crystals in the Blaster/Lightsaber.

12. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

im on there fella. just hit 41 same as forum name so if u see me gimmi a shout.

13. cerbrus2

cerbrus2 What's a Dremel?

Im loving the game at present, Got a lvl 26 bounty hunter and a lvl 12 Sith warrior.

I love the bounty hunter class. Although from what I here the bounty hunter is a very story driven role, with the whole Great Hunt situation going on.

14. GravitySmacked

I'm loving the Bounty Hunter storyline although I read it was actually one of the weakest.

15. Fizzban

One guy in my guild really dislikes the Jedi Consular story. Reckons it is the worst story going. Personally I can't comment. I only know the Jedi Knight and Trooper storys in any amount. Both are good. Well as far as I've got anyway.

----------

Oh the drama over the Jedi Sentinel (I'm one so I follow these things) LOL it's classic. The community cant decide for the life of it which of the 3 skill trees is best. But not only that, they cant decide if the class is weak, squishy and broken...or if it's massively overpowered. I know?! How can opinion be so divided between, rubbish and OMG we are going to be NERFED?!

Truth be told the class is neither. Those who either cant play the class, OR are used to cake-walks complain it's broken. And the other side of the fence, those who adapt, tear through things and tell everyone else to L2p. The class when compared to others is potentially weaker and Much harder to play. But play it right, and in pvp people will scream NERFFFFFFF as you tear them apart.

Very skill heavy (unforgiving) and gear heavy class. If you like to fight for everything, but fight well and excel..go JK Sent. If you want easy mode, pick a ranged class.

I knew none of this before picking my class. I did Trooper in beta. But I don't regret JK at all. It's a blast. Though you are pretty squishy..you need to manage your skills, rotations and cool downs more than other classes to make up for that- hence the difficulty.

-----------

Going to update the first post...soon. Watch this space.

Edit: Oh I waffled..lol. Anyways I updated front page now :p

Last edited: 4 Jan 2012
  16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I recently rerolled Imperial Agent since I got sick of the long queues on ToFN after work (Need to update that server list now, sorry Fizzban :p) Went to play on Trayus Academy now, since no queues.

Story is awesome for Agent, alot better than that of my Sith warrior, but I think it's more because the warrior story was quite a typical Sith story, whereas we've never really seen an Agent before. Playing the under cover Agent is really fun though and adds alot of flavour to the story.

Smuggler is meant to have a bad story, but I've played one ot level 25 in beta, and I enjoyed it alot. so I guess it just comes down to what you like at the end of the day since I've enjoyed all the stories for the characters I've played. (Sith Warrior, Agent, Smuggler, Trooper.)

As for the broken/nerf etc for Sentinels I can't comment, but they can rip me apart quickly in PvP if they're half decent. I'm playing the healing spec for my Agent so my damage isn't insane but we have the same on Agent forums, people saying it's OP, underpowered etc. But like Sentinel, Agent can be very unforgiving, due to the energy mechanic it uses, if you don't know how it works, then you're not going to be doing very well as an Agent. Once you learn how to use your energy and Tactical Advantage buff, you start seeing how an Agent can shine.

17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I know i've said it before...

All of the Republic storylines suck balls in comparison to the Empire ones :p /just my opinion.

Wasn't too keen on the BH story in beta either, but then i only got to DK and it hadn't piqued my interest.

Agree with the Consular one though... i think it definitely had the lamest "reason" for going around the galaxy (if it's the one i'm thinking of).

18. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Rolled a Smuggler on Legions of Lettow PVP on the second day of Early Access but the server got really full really fast after a few days and the queues were second only to TOFN.

Then did a Jedi Knight on Rogue Moon, purely because of the server name but went back to my Smuggler at 25 as every ****er wants to be a Jedi and the queues have died down a lot. I assume it's the same on the Empire side with the Sith and although I really want to play JK Guardian there are just too many and grouping was boring with 4 bloody Jedi.

Turns out the Smuggler is ****ing awesome anyway, some great moves and can always respec from DPS to Healer as needed. The story is decent too although not quite as interesting as the JK one but it is just great being one of the minority classes as there only seems to be 10-15 other Smugglers if that on a 150 man instance rather than 100+ Jedi.

Character name for both is Bantros

19. el2k

el2k Modder

Nice update man, If you wanted more info, my in game name is "Dekke"

Would stop and chat but got some warzones to be playing, almost full Champion gear already!

Thanks
    Liam

20. Fizzban

Hehe you don't waste any time. I'm taking it slow. Don't even play everyday. Got books and other things warring with my time. And when I do play sometimes all I do is craft and raid/flashpoint. Flashpoints make me lose all track of time though. Few nights ago I did 5 back to back, and then wondered why I was so ravenous and where had my entire evening gone?..lol.

I'll add ya character name up. It's entirely up to you guys though. If you want people to be able to seek you out, then by all means say what ya name in game is and I'll add it on the front page.