Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

A weak spot is where the armour is thin and more easily penetrated, not where, due to game design, a shell will always brew a tank up when struck. The hit-box skins are the latter, and are basically cheating. After a good number of games, one develops an understanding of where the weak armour is, and after a time, sometimes where certain tanks are vulnerable (Jagdtigers & Lowes are vulnerable to catching fire if shot through the lower plate for instance), but knowing every tank's weakness is like cheating really. It's not massively different from a wall hack in an FPS in that it reveals more about opponents than is on offer to all players. Experience is always on offer - it's learnt, installing hit box skins is not.

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I've got to say I side with Marvin here. Having targets sitting on the side of the tank is a bit of a cheat. Part of the fun is learning about how the tanks are laid out, and using your brain to think how to shoot.

For instance always shoot at a surface that is parallel to you so you shoot a flat surface to prevent a bounce.

4. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

I would agree with you that it is kind of cheating, but not comparable to a wall hack in a FPS. Unfortunately I don't have the time to learn the weak spots on all the tanks so these will have to do. Also they are only on the higher tiered tanks and as my best tank is only a tier 6 I need all the help I can when fighting 8's and 9's.

5. Lance

Get teamspeak/mumble and join a clan :)

6. bugeye

bugeye Sleep Deprived

The Monk .... he's right :)

Some people on here ... me, brooksy, legoman and a few others are members of DUDS . We just play for fun ... no clan wars so you don't need a tier 10 and we don't mind if you use hitskins or whatever :thumb:

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

You do learn these things over time and it's far more enjoyable when you find them out.

I once one shotted an IS-3 with a Tiger I. Just behind and above the 2 second wheel from the front but under the sill. I made a point to remember that one, there's an ammo rack there ;) FYI Roughly the same place on a Type-59 there's a fuel tank, they always seem to brew up when shot there.

Hitbox skins turn it into playing Monkey Island in my opinion, I feel the same about bipods in BF3 to be honest.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I did have a hit box skin on mainly to learn the layouts etc but ive taken it off now mainly because each nationallity follow a similar layout, Germans lower front glacius is soft and often has the gearbox behind it. USA, lower half of the tank best shot mid body where the ammo is as turret armour is far stronger, Russian front right to kill the driver/commander and anything that sticks up like on the kv5. French just mid turret its soft and even in my jagpather I have no trouble with higher tries.

Have to say im loving my jagpanther though ok I cant damage every tank in the game but my crew can see around 500m so malinkova is actually brilliant fun on standard battle as I can see to the other side and my camo crew perks help massively ive pretty much got playing TD properly sussed so I have fun in some battles playing as frontal assault or route denial. Perfect example was arctic. Sat on the hill by the bunker nailing tanks as they came up and actually blocked it with 4 are is no one could get past. Went back around and charged down the arty as well to annoy them

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

So guys, I'm a lazy WoT player who gave up just after the french tanks were introduced. What's changed to make me come back?

Maps? Have the long-talked about different game modes come about? Any balance changes?

Convince me to try it again!

10. Lance

Stay away this month.

The current patch isn't very good, a bit crashy.

However the French TD's and Arty look pretty cool and there are two pretty good clans in the WOT channel atm.

Marvin, 23ro, SharpeThunder, Lizard, Lilgoth, Fingers, Bagman and are in Dogs of War and there is another clan DUDS (at some point we need to get some banter matchs going). This would be my main sell, as the game really moves forward once you're in a 3 man platoon.

The new game modes include assault (not too good) and Encounter (which is great). Encounter battles have only one cap zone which means there is a battle for map control aswell as a rush for the main point.

11. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

What did you want ? Yes, Yes, Yes. Just load it up and decide for yourself.

12. bugeye

bugeye Sleep Deprived

Could be fun :) as long as we avoid talking about religion, politics or hitskins :D

Difficult to see how to sort it out though ... Team Training gets expensive quick. Just doing a countdown on platoons might work well enough for something low key ?

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

tank company countdowns...

we all pick a day where the clan is more active
    create tank company ( same level )
    then we all ready up, countdown and cross your fingers ( no pun intended fingers ;) )
    then hopefully we can dual it out...
    team training is cheeper than tank companies as you dont have to pay for repairs ( but you do have to pay for ammo )

Last edited: 5 Jul 2012
  14. bugeye

bugeye Sleep Deprived

I think that could work :) and if we aren't having much luck we could move to Team Training ??

I'll see what level of interest I can drum up, what days are good for people and we can see what we can sort out :)

15. Lance

Can you not arrange tank company matches? Grudge match style?

I will take a look on the WOT forums.

16. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

You can't arrange them, only "arrange" them by clicking go at the same time, like in platoons.

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Someone on the "internet" complained over E-100. Showed him this and he shut up:)

[​IMG]

18. Lance

Victory!
    Battle: Mountain Pass 09 July 2012 20:53:32
    Vehicle: PzKpfw III/IV
    Experience received: 3,204 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 38,994
    Battle Achievements: Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I'm fairly happy with this one.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Nice! I miss my III/IV :(

20. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Yeah saw that one on Reddit. Well done.