1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Gave up years ago, the pressure to "pay to play" got too cynical for me, the user base made me despair and I simply did not have the time needed to put in any more. Ultimately it stopped being fun...

2. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

I still have a game but deffo not as good as it was. The new high tier light tanks are just too fast, and too many autocannons in the game now i think.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I tried to come back to WoT after about a year's break but it just doesn't feel fun to play anymore, don't think I'll be installing it again unless they make some dramatic changes to the direction of the paid for content.

4. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

After 3 years of hardcore play it become not fun anymore for me early this years. I kind of completely stop playing this and probably haven’t played a single battle for like 3-4 months until WG want to replace Foch 155. So start rushing that line, got it in the end and now playing a bit. But not actually enjoying much, my stats are going down as well, might give up soon again, or may continue without caring of WR/WN8 at all

5. tech45K

tech45K What's a Dremel?

I agree with you :clap:

6. T.J

T.J What's a Dremel?

Probably already mentioned but hate the changes to the tier one and two map rotation - used to love my pimped out BT-2 but it just doesnt suit the upclose and personal play style that seems to have been forced on the low tiers :-( Loved Malinovka and similar open maps but now its always Winter Himmesdorf or Mittenguard.....

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i gave up a while ago, i still jump in from time to time to play a couple of games...but in all honesty last time i played i was in a very bad place mentally and ended up in hospital because i 'disturb the peace'

ultimately the game began to change, the old mantra of Premium tanks for instance was they were worse than regular tanks of their own teir, but made up for it by churning out credits. then flat out OP tanks began to emerge and the MM began to buckle, especially with how 'Top Heavy' the MM became ( and still seems to be ) so if your teir6 you pretty much become cannon fodder to teir8s all day, but if you are teir8 your fed to teir10s most of the time

8. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I still play, mainly WoT and occasionally WoWS, which is odd as I looked forward to WoWS more when it was being developed but it just didn't click as much with me.

One of the big reasons is probably due to them being the only games I own that I can just dip into for 15 to 30 minutes at a time with a result. Real life gets in the way and I rarely have enough time to play any RTS or other games I have.

I do find like Lilgoth that it seems to be more top heavy than before, but I tend to enjoy the 'underdog' tanks anyway and don't mind getting pummeled as long as I can dish out my fair share and occasionally take down some of the heavies. I still love hitting a fast moving target at range, though nothing can compare to one-shotting a fast tank from distance with my old T18 and its' howie gun (Cruiser Mk II comes close though). Currently I'm hovering around tier 5/6 in British and Russian lines - Churchill, just got my AT2, and the T34 and A43 for Russia.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I go back to WoT for an annual pilgrimage, just to see the changes. Visually it has improved massively in just a year but gameplay has imo got worse and the community, horrid!
    World of warships just feels and plays so much more advanced in compsrison.

I was also taken aback by all the new vehicles that are popular and that feel massively over powered compared to all the classic vehicles.
    Trying to fight in a panther 2 vs all these modern Swedish tank destroyers, auto loaders or herpaderp vehicles like the scorpion, it's pretty horrid.
    The economy is also a bit of a shock compared to world of warships. Ships feels so much more generous in comparison!

Last edited: 1 Oct 2017
  10. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Am i the only one still playing this game nowadays? Now is a good time to log into WOT as they are giving away lots of free stuff to accounts 1+years old.

11. lilgoth89

i dont know of anyone else from here who still plays WOT, as many of us ( including myself ) have said the game just went downhill due to power-creep, greed, and Wargamings inability to improve the community
    last time i logged in i got wrecked by Overpowered premium tanks that simply outclass what i was driving, and even platooning up only made the MM hate us even more,putting you bottom tier vs tanks you have zero chance of Penning unless you dip your hand in your pocket and unload the gold ammunition ( i know its avalible for credits, but who can afford to fire that much premium ammo without premium account or multiple prem tanks
    /sigh, it just wasnt what it used to be, and every change seems to be made with the express purpose of squeezing more out of your wallet

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Come to the Dark Side, join War Thunder. Enter the grind crack. :D

13. lilgoth89

i did try out War Thunder Tanks, but not long after i had started there was two big things that happened

first it became known that if you turn all the graphics down to potato levels, all the concealment magically disappears and you have a massive advantage

someone posted a video showcasing a cheating player, and Warthunder flipped their lid, copyright claimed the video and it got pretty messy

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I like War Thunder planes, but cheating is rampant and it's a real grind without throwing dosh at it.

15. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm playing, never stopped other than a month or two. Occasionally play WoWp or WoWs, but mainly tanks over the last six years. Just about to complete the US tree, I have everyone in my garage except the T57 HT which I am 75kXP away from.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/505502445-VeryRisky/

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Generally speaking, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, I've come across very few cheats in WT. I do get premium, but I usually get it for about €7 or €10 each year by doing Golden Eagle wagers and waiting for the sales where it's 50% off.

There is generally a much steeper learning curve in WT in comparison to WoT, but I really like the damage model and general mechanics over those in WoT. The recent implementation of Naval units has been well done and a nice mixture of air and sea.

I'm generally a tanker, but I find myself splitting my time between Tanks and Naval now.

17. Risky

Risky Modder

Never tried WT, but there isn't much of a cheat problem with server side games like these. What can be managed is at the margins and isn't goign to be that effective. Doesn't stop the tinfoil army being convinced thye only lose due to cheats,m hack and rigging, but they are pretty much beyond hope.

18. lilgoth89

minor bump de bump here

you know its bad when even Wargamings #1 fanboi puts up a video criticising the company