1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

I haven't played Minecraft in a very long time lots has changed

2. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Well in 5 days I've managed to get quantum armour (less chest plate) with one quarry, pretty much every advanced machine along with a reactor, all without ee. took an obscene amount of hours and has pretty much used my week off :D

3. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

Is the server down? Also where are the damn diamonds, I have dug around 2 chests full of stone out at around 10-13 from bedrock and I've still only found one :(. I did manage to get 30 Tungsten though, is that used for anything yet except high emc?

4. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I tend to strip mine from 6 up, if you want me to convert your tungsten just ping me when we're both on

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be abandoning the idea of an economy. I really don't have the time to put in the effort needed to make it work properly; plus there's only a few people on, so I don't think it'll work very well...

I'll therefore be re-enabling some of the EE items so that they can be crafted by players. I just need to make sure that I have all the right items re-enabled. I'll announce the downtime before it happens.

Well bugger me, so it is - no idea what happened there, I'm afraid. It's back now.

Unfortunately the log files seem to be truncated after so many lines, and I can't see what happened...

Apparently tungsten will have future uses, but as far as I can tell it's pretty pointless at the moment.

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

We should be able to make our own economy system within the game - for example trading electronic circuits for coins, vice versa or with other items instead of coins. This would also have the interesting side effect of price dropping when many people are trying to sell the same item, and going up when supply drops off or demand increases. We will need some sort of marketplace at spawn for this to work, mind you.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There already is a marketplace at spawn ;). I need to change the residence flags though so that anyone can build there.

I'm not against an economy, but if we use a server plugin like we are now it means that you need a good way of earning money, and you need to be able to buy stuff with it. At the moment the only way to earn money is by killing mobs, and I haven't had a chance to fix the mob arena properly. And the only stuff you can buy is EE items because, again, I haven't had the time to set up other stores.

Your idea of using the trade-o-mat is a much easier way of doing it. You don't need to use industrial credits exclusively, you can ask for anything you want as payment.

A proper economy plugin, like we're using now, is far more flexible and offers far more gameplay options than just trading for items, but it needs a lot more work for it to actually be useful. Players can set up their own sign shops, but so far I don't think anyone else has; plus there are some functions that are restricted to admins and ops only, such as setting up financial rewards and making infinite buy/sell shops.

Either way I'll be relaxing the restrictions on EE items so that they dont need to be bought.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hullo all

I'm taking the server down for half an hour or so in order to update the EE config. I'll post when it's back.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Server's now back up. I've updated the OP with the new EE details - basically you don't have to buy the items any more, and they can now be crafted.

10. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Hey y'all. Due to too much stuff going on in my life right now, I have to cut down on certain things. Unfortunately Minecraft is one of the expendables. You guys keep up the good spirit you're so great at, and have a good time crafting. I may check in here on the forums every once in a while.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No worries

I think you've both got more important things to focus on at the moment ;) :thumb:

12. Chris1554

Hey FuzzyOne don't mean to bother you at all, but could you remove the christemp res as I have found out how to do it now and I don't seem to be able to dig around my house.

Edit: Not sure if you did anything but I can once again dig near my house.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2012
  13. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Weird, It was still on there but I've just removed it :thumb:

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Has this just died then?

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The server is still running, though interest does seem to have tapered off...

I know I haven't been around that much, but I've still been keeping an eye on things.

16. Chris1554

I've not been on as of late due to the release of MoP.

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

MIL.... err... Mists of Panderia! I am busy playing MMOs too, but this just reminded me that I need to complete Black Mesa...

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I blew some stuff up from my old creative server... It was fun :)

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My internet is shockingly bad currently, so thats why I haven't been on...