Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Command And Conquer. Red Alert 2
    decided to replay through it today, and its still as good as I remember it :)
    awesome live action cutscenes and generally epic amounts of entertainment all round

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I guess hitting Colonal 100 on BF3 is a kind of completion.

Now solely playing for lols and 500 kills per weapon. Soo many to do.

GravitySmacked likes this.
  3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Far Cry 3 can now be added to my completed games collection, had quite a bit of fun playing through it with all the little distraction. Shame the endings are absolutely awful.

Started Bioshock (the first one), though that'll be a slow start as I'm forcing myself to finish Mass Effect 3 after ignoring it for roughly 8-9 months.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Finished Dead Island last night, though the last 1/3 for the game I just pushed through the main quest line, with very few side quests done (ones that gave unique weapons). The ending was meh, and horridly predictable, which is a bit sad as the game itself was great.

think I might finally start on tropico 4 now. Been looking for such a game to play for a while.

5. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Bioshock Infinite

Finished it a few minutes ago and I find it very strange how I can't say that it's one of the best games I've ever played, yet I struggle to find even a single fault with it.
    I'd have liked it more if you could carry more than two weapons, maybe. It wasn't fun to break up my trusty sniper rifle - hand cannon combo at the end, but it added to the tension I guess.
    Also, even though I'm pretty certain I found about 90% of the audio logs (since I actively searched for them), I don't quite understand the ending; not that I really care, it somehow felt right. Will need to think about it.

Columbia isn't only beautiful, it's very cleverly designed too. Unfortunately it would be way to many spoilers to give examples of places where the architecture and the layout of your surroundings lead your eye and imply certain things. Top notch visual narrative here.
    Elizabeth is without doubt the best AI companion ever made. I know, because this is the first time ever an AI controlled character didn't annoy me all the bloody time - quite the achievement. Alyx from HL2 almost managed this, but Elizabeth got it just perfect. Making her not take damage - and not get attacked at all - was a brilliant choice. To my own surprise I even missed her when she wasn't around (also a first).
    The voice acting was also impressive, in other games people talking while I'm playing feels distracting and irritating, but here it felt fitting.

I was a bit pessimistic when I saw one of Infinite's trailers at first, because of the focus on ACTION ACTION ACTION, but I found that the game found a good balance between the story and the shooty-shooty-stuff (which was surprisingly enjoyable too).

This game is the prime example that AAA games can still deliver and innovate. After the horror that was Tomb Raider, this felt like heavenly bliss. Highly, highly recommended.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

In terms of story telling its a mark above the rest but the gameplay itself isn't all that innovative.

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I hardly ever play games anymore, they just don't keep my attention longer than 5 minutes anymore.
    Saying that, I've not yet completed Infinite but I cannot put it down.
    I think its impossible to play and not get somehow attached to Elizabeth

8. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Agreed, but I think even though it's mostly the same old shooting gallery - story time - shooting gallery mechanic, it's executed well.
    In my eyes, Bioshock - and even System Shock, for that matter - was never really about great, innovative gameplay, but about style, storytelling and especially atmosphere. The actual “game” has always been ok and “good enough” to carry the rest, but never truly exceptional on its own; and Infinite is no different in this regard.

9. Dannyman191

Dannyman191 What's a Dremel?

Bioshock Infinite - Definite GOTY in my opinion.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I don't think she's anything special, aside from being a cover for piss weak game mechanic of giving the player things in combat that they might need she's ultimately ruined by some of the worst character animations I've ever seen, that introductory animation in the library made me cringe.

wood has more character.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  11. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Got around to finishing Sleeping Dogs yesterday. Nice game.

Just working my way though Crysis 3 now.

12. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Just finished arkham city for the second time today. Life. I need one. Severely.
    God I wish I could play crysis. But It would likely obliterate my gpu.

13. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Finally completed Batman Arkham Asylum. As per usual I got bored half way through and shelved it.

I decided to finish it off this weekend as the TV has been utter crap (as usual).

I am not really a fan of action games and have only ever played a few over the years, but I have actually enjoyed Bman a lot. I am tempted to buy Arkham City when I see it cheap.

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I much preferred Arkham City (I played it through on the PC, Xbox and PS3 and I am tempted to get it for WiiU!). If you like something a bit more open world then it will certainly appeal. The voice acting and story is some of the best I have seen in gaming ever.

15. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Everybody I've spoken to raves about it so I will definitely buy it when I see it on sale.

I've got Mafia 2 to finish for now but I am stuck on this one mission that I just can't get past. Now I remember why I shelved it last year :miffed:

Cheers

16. October

October Mariachi Style

Just finished the BF3 campaign, wasn't totally horrible but not something I'll ever go back to. Left the credits rolling out of curiosity to see was there anything at the end and they LOOP. Wut. Is the co-op any good? Haven't gone near it yet.

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

The co-op is pretty good actually - not a bad way to spend an evening with a mate. It's nothing you would go back to once you have done it though I don't think.

18. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Halo Anniversary, i thought of doing the rest again but don't know if i can play halo 2 again as i found it a real struggle to play. Currently playing through marvel ultimate alliance with my auntie so we might have it finished soon then we can carry on with the lego games.

19. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Just finished Tropico 4 after weeks of trying :)

20. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I finished the story of Hitman:Absolution yesterday. The game in itself was pretty decent and imo the base idea of the game hadn't changed that much if you go and compare what ubisoft did with Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Absolution's story wasn't anything special though. I mean it wasn't bad, but I feel there was just a lot of lost potential in it.