1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Is it just me, coming in as a new player to the server, or are things very broken? I spawned in a very nice house with nothing in it, no welcome signs of any kind, and the few single-word signs that were there were in dutch (I think).

Looking for some kind of central hub, I eventually found a nether portal in a jungle tree(?!) and went into the nether. Some (20mins or so of) wandering around there following lit paths and I found a complex of rooms with nether portals that purported to lead to "Spawn". But no matter which I took, I always ended up in a cave somewhere underground. The portal to someone's "Sealab" took me into a newly-generated ravine (I could tell 'cause there was gravel dropping all around). Also, with just me on the server, there was still a lot of lag present, rubberbanding and block lag all over the place. So... Erm... Help?

Last edited: 28 Nov 2013
  2. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

First: Welcome. Nice of you to join.

Second: Where you spawned is "World" this is where all newcomers start of.. ..and if you behave and we see the you are a serious player, one of the mods will upgrade you to membership-level, then you can teleport to other worlds (World18 is where all the action is nowadays). We've had a couple of greefers on - as you can see with the look of "World" - therefore the need of precausion. Just play alittle, and chat with the other guys and gal when they're on, it probably wouldn't be too long until you're promoted.. ;)
    Oh, and the map is at the same address as the server, just add "/dynmap" - on the right you got a drop-in menu where you can view the other worlds..

C'ya around..

3. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Okay, I knew there was a dynmap available, I just didn't know the port. :) Oh, and that REALLY needs to be updated for World and Nether.

Minecraft name is Anaerin, and I've been looking around for other people, but being in Canada probably means my "Daytime" is out of sync with everyone else. I'll see what I can do about finding a space in "World" and getting something up, though I'm not particularly good at Minecraft so far. I also tend to play modded minecraft a fair amount more (FTB packs, mostly), but I'll give Vanilla a go. :)

Odd, now I'm getting "Bad Login". Does it need to be kicked or something?

---Edit---

Speaking of which, I've just put a modded server, if you're interested. Details here

Last edited: 29 Nov 2013
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Depends how often you're going to use it, I guess. If you just want to get up and running quickly there's nothing wrong with using Windows. I tend to stick to Linux for my Minecraft servers; I'm using CentOS these days.

5. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

So, I'm in, and have my [BT] tag (Thanks MrsFio). And first I had just a hole in the ground. But then I figured: Castle. Why not?

So here's the base and second floor of the first (of four) towers:
    [​IMG]

Need more stone. And glass.

By all means, come by and take a look. Help out too, if you like. There's free chicken available (That's what the brick building is on the far left). Nether portal links to "Anaerin's Hole In The Ground", which is on the path northwards. Signposted, so you shouldn't miss it. :)

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Rejoined the server and trying to remember where everything is!

7. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hey All,

FINALLY!!! The server is up and running with version 1.7.2. The wait is over!! :D :clap:

Last Sunday the bukkit dev-team released bukkit 1.7.2 to the world. I have just updated the server and all plugins like I always do and did some quick tests. Had one minor issue with dynmap not playing nice, but a new alpha release seems to sort that out.

A small warning: We are running bleeding edge development builds for nearly everything. Although I do not expect major breakage, just be warned. If you see anything wrong, please let me know!

Have fun!

XM

8. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Your castle have potential. I've seen the outline on DynMap, and it will definitely leave a mark..

Hullo old friend, long time.. ;-)

YAY Nice work, XM. Well, this threatens my plan of finishing working in the bathroom.. ..but I'll just have to try carving out some spare time..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited: 5 Dec 2013
  9. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Hello jrRRr. Good to be back!

I went to 'world' and a random chunk has generated with a load of nice acacia trees so I chopped a few down and replanted a few by my place in world18. Nice to have some new building materials.

Pity there isn't a new-new nether as I really could do with mining quartz.

BTW, it has been so long since I last played that I've noticed some commands are no longer working like /home and /sethome. It's a little annoying when I /goto different worlds that I end up in the spawn area. Any plans to add something to set home or even set my own warp points? I'm sure we used to have a plugin in the past..

10. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Think we dropped it because we wanted to be ''vanilla'' or as much vanilla as possible..

If you go north in the nether, on rails most of the way, you get to new generated areas with quarts. MrsFio and I plan to portal through to new 1.7 land now that we've got the update..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

11. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I was going to put it the other way round, coming out the south side of the half-completed tower, but I figured the terrain was too hilly for it (I'm already tearing down one mountain as it is, good job I need the stone!). I've also got lines and rings in place to show where the other four towers intend to be built. And... it's a little bigger than I thought it would be. Still, should be fun. :)

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

13. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

As we're running 1.7.2 now, I figured I'd make the Stargate in the Nether a little more... Authentic....

[​IMG]

Could do with a touch more light blue wool behind, at the top left.

14. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

And I figured, while I'm at it (And with a kind donation of Iron Ore by Extra_Credits), the XP farm in the End has been improved.

There are now hoppers under the landing spots that collect (most of) the ender pearls that are dropped by the endermen (Some (about 1/10th of the amount) will still fly out and land on the pathway, but you can throw them into the hoppers too if you like). The hoppers go down under the walkway and lead over to an item elevator behind the furnaces (Which you might hear clicking from time to time).

The item elevator then takes them up to even more hoppers going over the roof and looping around all the chests at the entrance (The top chests only, unfortunately, but even so, it's better than it was).

There is a 5-stack delay before the next chest starts filling - this is because the hopper that was filling needs a 5-stack backlog before the hoppers above can pass the items on. The hoppers above are accessible, if you really need those extra pearls.

Once all the top chests are full, there is then an ejector, that will send the excess pearls over the edge in a waterstream and down into the void, where they are automatically destroyed.

All the circuitry is 1 block high, and the stuff on the roof is also secured and covered with water.

Oh, and for the record, I have decided I absolutely HATE working over void, with nothing but a directional waterstream to hold me up, and having to sneak+place items. Hate hate HATE!

15. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hey all, I have a small service announcement.

Because of all the new content in 1.7 I have created two new worlds:

- world17
    - world17_nether

There is a spawn-building build by me and lprob1, you can start mining safely ;)

As you can see I also created a new nether. world17 and world17_nether are linked, so you can use nether portals for travel.

To get to the new world just just MultiWorld and type '/mw goto world17'. I have yet to look into the whole portal travel hub thing.

You might wonder what happened to the 'old' world17? Well I went on a renaming spree :)

The updated world names are:

- world17 => world17beta
    - world18 => world18beta
    - newnether => world18beta_nether

I have also updated the HawkEye and LWC databases. This means all protections are still in tact on the 'old' worlds, and 'old' changes can still be undone.

Hope you all find your way around, and have fun collecting the new stuff! :clap:

Last edited: 8 Dec 2013
  16. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Yeah, hi everyone, I've got back into playing Minecraft again. And it seems that my rotten flesh addiction has been cured! :D

17. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I'll have to check the new worlds out :D

Shame so many mods aren't working with 1.7.2 yet. I miss my minimap :(

18. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

It really is, though I've been using the Dynmap to help me get around, I really want/need NEI for recipes and especially for the spawn location highlighting - I've just been installing hidden lighting for the two towers of my castle that are built so far, and it's tough to know where's lit enough.

It's amazing how much simple mods like those add. And speaking of which, there is a modded MC server for Bit-Tech people, currently running the 1.5.2 DW20 pack from Feed The Beast. :)

19. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Is it just me, or is the server down at the moment? I keep getting connection timeouts

20. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Seems to be down to me, too.