Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

And the server just crashed.

EDIT: Seems to be working again now

Last edited: 24 Dec 2013
  2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Is it okay if I do a bit of modification? I want to put in a proper dam!

3. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Sure, go for it! I am currently making the dam 4 blocks wide, so that should give you any room you need for machinery. I could do with a donation of stone bricks though, since although I have lots of cobble I am running out of coal to smelt it with!

4. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Well, rob, I have some good news! The Nether Smelter is now open for business. Capable of smelting 10 items at a time, and fully synchronized (so it always uses all 10 smelters), it's your one-stop-shop for all your smelting needs! :)

5. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Does it auto-refill the lava buckets after they have been emptied? Because that would be awesome.

6. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

It doesn't (and that would kinda be impossible, thanks to the way lava works in MC). But the empty buckets appear in the output chest, and there's 2 huge lava lakes right nearby. So all you need do is pick up the 10 buckets when they appear, find a lake and spam-click to fill them, then dump them back in the fuel chest.

And if you can't be bothered doing that, it'll run on any other fuel you care to throw in, too. But lava buckets are best, last longest, and are essentially free in the Nether. :)

7. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

got any co-ords? Are people just bulding all over the place?

I found a little village and am planning on making a village trade area!

8. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Which world are you in? If you've only just joined the server, you're probably in the overworld. Find someone with the [BTM] tag (or [BTA], IIRC) and they can upgrade you to member status, at which point you can get to all the worlds, including world17beta (Preserved for historical purposes), world18beta (The former most active world) and world17 (The most recently made one for 1.7).

On another note, I hate vanilla now (losing everything twice really sucks) and am sulking on the FTBT server for a while... :/

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

is this in world17 or 18 nether ?

I've got an auto smelter in my house, why do hopper suck up so much iron lol

10. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

It's in world18beta_nether, literally in the spawn chunk. If you head towards the North road from the stargate (Via the shortcut on the left), there's a marked entrance little further down the stone stairs.

11. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Thats a really good design :) & handy that there is a lava lake both sides :).

12. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Well, I made sure it was at lava level, in the Nether spawn chunk (Though it seems the nether spawn chunk is only loaded if there's someone in the nether. Ah well). The lakes on both sides was a very happy coincidence. :)

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Aaerin, there's a chest of yours at the enderman farm which needs to be moved / made unprivate.

In other news, renovations of the enderman farm are almost complete, the rail link just needs to be added which will involve a lot of digging (plus the old link needs to be removed).

14. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Sorry about that. Chest removed.

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

No worries.

Also, finished the rail link, although it could probably do with some improvement.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Been playing on world17 the last few days, thanks MrsFio, and have a nice base built up (cords x -223 z -575).

Would love to spend more time on the server, but real world gets in the way :)

17. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Can't connect to the server..
    :(

In the kitchen I have no less than 3(!) big heart shaped brownies, and once they are finished JR leaves for work..

..and then the server seems down?

That's what I'd call valentinefart..
    (not at all affected by having two kids in "fartisfun"age.. )

18. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hey all,

Server is down currently. Seems to be something wrong with the internet connection at my parents. Also can't connect with remote desktop. I'm on it :)

I'll keep you posted...

Update 1 (14-02-2014 at 20:31):
    Just called my dad. They are not home currently. He told me saw the server this afternoon and it was running, so I'm guessing their internet is down. He will check for me when he's get back. Sorry I can't be of more service for now :(

Update 2 (15-02-2014 at 13:00):
    Called my dad again. Everything was up at their end and they could use the phone, so I am guessing their internet is not down but their IP changed for some reason. I arranged for my dad to call me when he gets home (was out again ;)) so I can figure out what's going on. More later.

Update 3 (15-02-2014 at 14:31):
    Turns out I was right. The IP changed. I forgot about it, but my dad reminded me that his ISP was bought by another. I guess they finally got their system in order and that's why it changed.

I have set up a dynamic dns for easier remembering and hopefully less changing :D

New ip/host: xm.got-game.org

Last edited: 15 Feb 2014
  19. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

:clap:Yay for the Xman!:clap:

20. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Thanks XM. You're great..

Have you checked to see if there are any progress in the dynmap-plugin lately? The maps are very outdated, and if the plugin doesn't behave running alongside the server, how about running it every once in a while, so we at least would get something to navigate by..

Keep it up. :)