Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

gold sperm ?? thats not something ive come across yet ^_^

seriously though the E100 and the MAUS suffer hugely from the power creep that has been a problem for a while. There are simply to many high pen rapid fire guns throwing gold ammo for its armour to be that effective anymore. its speed is also poor meaning you will almost always be out manoeuvred again negating your armour

Heat isnt a bad call, but dont take only HEAT as your costs will soar and it doesn't really work against anything with spaced armour

Last edited: 19 Jun 2014
  2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

That's cos it comes across you.

3. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Most of the time when people talk about the E100, they talk about the E100 with the 750 damage gun.

I guess the E100+that gun is good in clan wars or something I'm not really sure since I don't play clan wars ^^. But maybe once you get the second gun, it'll be more fun.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Had a few more games in the E100, getting more used to being a proper cog in the tier 10 machine.
    Weak glassis is a bit annoying, with taking regular 600-700 HP hits even with angling and rocking. Nothing new for the Germans admittedly, but the issue is more amplified when everyone is packing such high power fire-power.

Still, knowing I will never be bottom of the tree in that beast is comforting :)

As for the 750 damage gun, 10mm less pen, longer reload and worse accuracy but for a significant increase in damage might just be worth it. Long grind at 62k EXP but i'm not unhappy with the stock gun for once, as the reload is good, I have often got the first in on an enemy, they hit me back and try to reverse, but I am able to surge forward and get another hit in before they reload on some occasions.

I will keep playing it till I hit 100 games and see how I like it :D

5. lilgoth89

some good games with Legoman today

managed to get steel wall and cool headed in an AMX M4 ( a FRENCH HEAVY )

and no it wasnt due to a flakadakka gun, i sidescraped vs PZIV, T43, T29 and a Comet on the alley of doom on himmlesdorf
    likely will get a replay on the Tube as it was such a good game

6. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

Can someone please recommend a good clan for me. A very average player but possibly on the road to improvement ;) . Have 10 T10s. Online most evenings. Been part of Dog of War (DOW) originally. Recently was part of Fatal Gaming UK (FGUK). Happy to take part in CW and TCs. But one priority for me is reasonably family friendly lingo in the TS as I often have my kids about when playing.

dmarook

7. Xlucine

Xlucine What's a Dremel?

Are you angling the turret between reloads? The turret face on the E-100 is very weak to tier 10 guns, but with a bit of angling you can bounce a lot more rounds on it.

The 15cm is the way to go IMO - expect to fire a fair bit of gold (no-one makes a profit at tier 10 anyway), and the bigger wallop helps make sure people take notice when you shoot them.

8. bagman

bagman Minimodder

The centurion 1 is a absolute beast of a tank.

9. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Did anyone else notice that there is now a veritable mountain of heavy tanks rolling around in random matches now?

What happened? I know TDs had a camo change but really? Any good TD player never relied on that camo mechanism to begin with (I know I didn't). It's been wonderful playing my TD actually. I did almost 5k damage one game in my AC48 just because there were so many squishy, slow moving, easily targeted heavies to shoot at who still couldn't see me because I just sat >15m behind the bushes...

I wasn't aware of any heavy tank buffs so why are people flocking to them now?

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Played a game last night where the only reason I died was because my team was systematically wiped out and because I was laughing too hard to play.

Playing in my Jagd Tiger 8.8cm on El Halluf. Set myself up in an awkward spot on a lower ledge (clear line of sight on me) and don't get spotted/shot at for the 1st half of the game, despite planting shots in their scouts/mediums as they attack on the right around the town (this means my entire side is open to enemy fire)

Eventually I'm spotted and their TDs start raining hell on my spot... Only problem is I'm bouncing every shot that comes in apart from one lucky one that knocks out my commander and another that takes out my track as I crest the hill back towards cover.
    This gives them a few shots into my undercarriage, but the majority are being scrapped along my side as I'm reversing alongside one of the small hills at more than a 45* angle.

By now theres 1 tank left on our left flank, myself in the middle, and the SPG and 1 tank on the right/base

Staying with my new love-at-first-battle hill, but still exposed to the enemy snipers, I turn to face off against the onrush of heavies. Manage to hold out for a couple more minutes, nailing shots into them, but eventually I can't take it anymore and just release control so i can just laugh... They've penned my once from the front, despite the Jagdtiger's easy pen points (I've been sitting still in this spot, not moving, so they had time to line up shots), and 0 pens from the side, despite my arse being shown to their TDs.

RNGeebus was on my side that game.

Survived 4500 potential damage with all those bounces, whereas the rest of my team died with barely 500... the best on the enemy team only had 650.

11. lilgoth89

i had the same on my epic game on dorf with my AMX 4,600 potential damage from a heavy tank that isnt known for having good armour ( 30mm side armour on a teir7 heavy tank ) but sticking my arse out at auto bounce angle means nothing was getting through

as with clans, im also looking after a minor psychotic break burnt the bridges with a few in my old clan

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ive noticed a load more heavies as well, i would imagine its due to the nerf on TD camo people are not so afraid of them now.
    Even so i still cause mayhem in a TD or my new favorite arty piece the Birch gun, its about a seven second reload on this thing and can one shot most lights and some mediums. plus it has a 360 firing angle only downside is its pig slow to move. quite looking forward to the FV series as i know they can zoom around.

13. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

As someone who just went through the Birch and is now half way through the Bishop, I can tell you that you're going to need to adjust your game majorly on the Bishop/FV304 (FV304 uses the same gun as the top on the Bishop).

With the bishop, you're dog slow, you have one of the smallest arcs I've ever seen, and you have the range of a sling shot. You really REALLY want to free exp your way to the top gun on the Bishop because the carry over gun from the Birch will not do you any justice.

As soon as you get the top gun on the Bishop, you can start adjusting your play style to fit the new setup. Once you get used to the shell travel time and the need to be very close to the action in order to be in range, the Bishop will become a much better training tank for the FV304 play style.

I actually do really well in it because it's just so easy to hit tanks. Cover doesn't even matter most of the time, if you can see it outside of arty zoom mode, you can probably hit it.

14. lilgoth89

im loving the M37 teir4 american artillery

amazing gun arc, awesome aiming time and a decent reload means i can do alot of damage in a short space of time ( provided the RNG smiles upon me ) It also has really good gun depression so it makes a decent TD if the need arises

i run with rammer, cammonet and gun laying drive, combined with...ahem case of cola

training the crew in camo ( exept the gunner who is getting snap shot ) 2nd skill will be BIA ^_^

sure i never really make much money with it ( due to cola ) but sending airmail is just so satisfying

15. Risky

Risky Modder

The next one, the M41 is a pain IMO as it has slow relaod and nmarrow arc, though a bigger alpha. The M44 on the other hand is much, much better.

16. lilgoth89

17. Risky

Risky Modder

QUOTE=lilgoth89;3654121]http://www.wotinfo.net/en/bestplayers?server=EU&count=30&period=1&type=battles_count_rank

just figured it put this here
    473 games played in the last 24 hours

do a little math based on the average game time being 8 mins long

8 * 450 = 3784mins of gameplay

which once divided by 60 equals just over 63 hours of gamplay... in 24 hours[/QUOTE]

The average gametime is a lot less if you rush the enemy base from the start every time :wallbash:

18. lilgoth89

i agree with that...but lets put this into perspective...if he played 24 straight hours each of those 473 games would need to take 3 mins ( not completly out of the question...) but he would need to play for 24 straight hours, if you take 8 hours for sleep then 2 for eating / bathroom breaks etc then we end up with 1.7mins on average to complete EVERY match

even suicide scouts would struggle with 1.7min battles 473 times

19. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

20. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Bots cramming in battles is not exactly shocking.