1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chicken76, 13 Mar 2013.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Outrageous!

How dare you come on the internet and provide a balanced view!

:happy:

Plastic_Manc likes this.
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I've bought it but I'm saving it for the Christmas - New Year boredom, hopefully the worst bugs will be patched out by then.

3. adidan

Good idea. Ain't like we're going anywhere although I think I have a lot of house jobs that i've been told i'd like to get done before anything else :happy:

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I hadn’t been following the hype until I read some review. The premise of the game is something I really like, akin to Dues Ex.

So far, I’ve played a few hours, got into Night City and done a few missions (I think?). Phew phew seems fun and hacking adds variety. Me likes.

Have yet to get my head around levelling and upgrading for hacking. Not a RPG player so it is a bit beyond me. 2 different types of point to spend? Then there’s the implants and so many guns. also gun upgrades........

Any good guides for non-RPG players to enjoy it as action-adventure GTA-style?

5. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

1080 and R5 3600? Should work fine.
    I mean, i'm not playing 4K on a 1440 res or anything. But 1080 with everything I can on Ultra.
    No idea what my FPS is like, but the game seems smooth. Not problems so far.
    R5 3600 and a 2070Super. 16GB RAM. Would have thought a 1080 would fly through it.

adidan likes this.
  6. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

I am the same, I am not an RPG person. Witcher felt slow, Fallout couldn't stand.
    They seem to require too much time to really get into them.
    But something about this just said BUY IT.
    I've found the levelling/upgrading is insane on this. SO MUCH that you can do. 5 Attributes (or 6?) which can be levelled up. Which have perks within them, which can also be levelled up.
    Then the gun upgrades. Is crazy.
    But REALLY enjoying it. First single player game that has hooked me since HL2 and before that was HL1. :hehe:

wyx087 likes this.
  7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm 10 hours in and loving it. But then I ignored all of the marketing and hype.

It looks amazing even without stuff like RTX, so I'd say grab it! I thought the same, but it'll be months till there's stock on the new cards :(

8. adidan

True enough, by the time new cards are available at not a "here's my kidney and five grand" price CP2077 will probably be free on Epic.

Can't wait that long :)

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  9. oscy

oscy Modder

Name a game with this level of hype that then matched the hype!

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I am enjoying this thoroughly.

Every time I think about maybe doing a story mission, I get lost down another alley and end up in another tale of intrigue.

Thirty two hours later and I still have a map full of questionmarks to explore. Only one crash to desktop, everything runs swimmingly on mostly ultra settings, and only a few visual glitches here and there.

Bloody wonderful.

Ritual FM is the best radio station I've ever heard in a game, too.

adidan and Bloody_Pete like this.
  11. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Half Life 2

Mr Happy likes this.
  12. oscy

oscy Modder

Once every 16+ years then. :grin:

SuperHans123 and Mr Happy like this.
  13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Same, I'm 14 hours in and I've still only done the first story mission :hehe::hehe::hehe: I just love wandering around and exploring!!!

The only annoying bug I've had is I rebound toggle crouch to L-CTRL, but every so often it reverts to hold crouch! Aside from pop in of people I've seen more typos than I've had bugs so far!

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Its a question of settings by default both my machines chugged but knock a few things down and it is playable

my 1080Ti on high with the basic post processing off and a 75% renderscale, so not quite 4k is doing 50-60fps, I prefer the staticfx renderscale upsample to the dynamic res option as that looks a jaggy/blurry mess on a big screen. I will upgrade that Ti at some point.

My 1050MQ which has 4Gb VRAM in my laptop runs 1080p on med settings equally well with same things off, still looks decent, not tried dynamic res on the laptop but it would probably work well there due to smaller screen not showing jaggies for higher fps, not really sat and played on that, just tried it out of curiosity.

Both machines fired up in ultra initially and it was like a slide show.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2020
  15. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

couple oddball bugs, not being able to assign movement keys to arrow keys without a text editor, frozen popup or two nothing big IMO (ok editing a text file for a vidia game with "special effects" is kind of **** but)

R7 2700 @ currently 4.0Ghz
    EVGA 1660TI SC blah blah
    16GB 3200Mhz Ram
    NVME Drive

default high settings, damn near glitch free low 50's mid 50's average, could drop it down a notch but FFS my "low end GPU" cost almost as much as the entire rest of the system case and PSU included

I will live

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Something I noticed last night, btw.

I forget, now, whether it was the River Ward mission line or the Peralez mission line - One of them, or both, has the original glitch style fade-in-out effect and the original aggressive brain dance doodad light show on at least one of the BD sequences. Even with 1.04 applied.

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I just got on to Act 2. Story is nuts! And I really like it.

It never takes you out of first person, making it feel like you part of the story. Akin to Half Life but with dialog choices. Only thing I can think to be any more immersive is perhaps a VR version.

The visual, character motion and voice action are all top notch, “next-gen”. I haven’t encountered any game breaking bugs. Only one noticeable bug where the last tough enemy who looks like was meant to come out of the lift we were meant to enter got stuck in the lift. I simply pumped him of lead and moved on.

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I was playing on 1440 on medium and im not willing to play it on low as it looks awful and i don't want to experience the game like that.
    I was getting about 30-45 fps which isnt ok for me, i want a min of a solid 60fps

My friend with a 2060 6GB super plays the game much better than me, so it seems the game is massively more optimised for 20xx and up.

Going to wait till i can get a founders 3080 or 3070ti

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If you want a min solid 60 on any GPU you will need a 3080 or above. Fact is that is not realistic without savagely dropping settings. I get 43 as the absolute lowest I've seen on ultra 1440p and it's more than playable. It's not a "has to be 60 FPS all the time" game. At all.

20. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Just found the highest level (Legendary) mantis blades.

Managed to remove all four limbs and the head in a flurry of blows on a target.

Bum-rushing the small groups of gangs is so much fun (if over a bit quick).