Multi Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chicken76, 13 Mar 2013.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

So at 21 hours in I finally did the story mission to see the title card for the game! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

liratheal likes this.
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

the purchase ones or the free ones?

I love the mantis blades, they're my go-to weapon. I've decked out all my clothes with crit bonuses and gone for as much speed stuff as I can find, they shred almost everything so fast.

Also, did you see the maxtac woman's blades yet? Those are cool looking too, but with the dialogue options I'm not sure they're obtainable..

3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Free ones from the psycho.

I went for armour and movement speed. I think I have something like 500 armour when moving (which means at level 13) I can run around and can close the distance and get amputating.

Not seen those yet, only just part way into act 2.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2020
  4. liratheal

Ahh, same. I found a ripperdoc selling them for like.. 100k, which wasn't a problem, but the street cred requirement (46) was at the time..

The MaxTac lady is just a random encounter, I don't think it was story dependant, and doesn't seem to go anywhere else so far.

Yeah, in my perks I've gone full-bore on the Blades segment (and dipped a toe in the crafting), and like you have a lot of armour on movement - Although base is also quite high (IIRC base is like.. 900). I can pretty reliably slice and dice most enemies before needing to remember what the key is for the health doodad - But dipping out of combat even briefly pretty quickly restores health, I found a cyberware mod that restores it by like.. 10 points per second out of combat which is super useful when your movement speed is comparable to Speedy Gonzales.

The mantis blades in the first released trailer were part of the reason I was super into the idea of this game all those years ago, and they work surprisingly well.

I've also stumbled into a lot of the legendary 'increase crit' clothing mods - I'm up to something like 180% crit damage bonus and 60% crit chance bonus - It makes high-damage guns way over the top. The Overwatch sniper rifle, upgraded a fair bit, does an average of 70k damage on crits, with a base damage of 1700-2200.

Well, after forty five hours, I finally have most of the jobs and gigs ticked off. Only the NCPD stuff, thievery, some racing stuff, and sabotage jobs remaining. And then I can carry on with the story.

I quite liked the monk side jobs. Those were a nice change of pace.

I do wonder how much of this is going to get adjusted over time, 'cause. Damn. My V at level 40 has most jobs rated at 'very low' to 'moderate' danger. Sneaking missions are the hardest by far, because there seems to be a wonderful feature of cyberware that every enemy knows where you are if you don't dispatch the detector in fractions of a second.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

For you.
    Im use to playing at 80-100+ fps plus on max settings.
    Im not a pc gamer to have console levels of FPS

6. liratheal

I don't know what to believe on the FPS front tbh.

GN's piece suggests that I should have a middling to low experience with the settings I have and the hardware I have, but GOG overlay doesn't work (yet?) so I can't get an FPS counter. AMD's driver software reckons an average of 107, but that sounds absurdly high for what we know of this game.

All that said, I haven't noticed a point where I've thought "This is really shitty performance" - And I'm not running top end hardware for the most part. I accepted the 'Default' "Ultra" settings out of the box, only changing HDR and from borderless window to full screen. I tried the psycho setting for one of the options, but that did tank frame rates for no appreciable benefit, so I turned it back down to 'ultra' and went on my way.

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

8. liratheal

I turned Game Bar off, 'cause I found it more annoying than helpful - I did just turn it on, though, and test but I couldn't be bothered to try and make the FPS counter a permanent overlay so I could monitor it rather than check at static moments.

Although, the fast travel point outside block H8
    Where Clouds is
    claimed 42fps at night in the rain.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

So iv just seen on reddit, that you have to use silly outfits because of there stats? despite your enemies having tactical gear ect?
    Not sure i want to play a game where i am forced to wear hot pants because there 20+ defence

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

you can wear any gear you like and upgrade it, but hot pants, must get me some of those :D

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

You wanna min/max, then you might need to wear a stupid hat. I'm not sure that's unique to cyberpunk.

12. liratheal

IME most of the gear scales, I've had no shortage of tacticool gear options available with level-appropriate stats (Recently hit level 41), I just prefer not to wear it.

At the moment I'm wearing
    Johnny Silverhand's trousers and shoes
    (It's.. Not really a spoiler?) and something generic up top.

I also found that a kind of "cheat" is to wear a netrunner suit under it all, because some items of clothing make the under-upper-torso item disappear completely - But you still net the benefit of wearing it. Stashed a lot of clothing mods on that badboy that I don't have slots for on my other stuff.

I also haven't worn a hat at all and haven't been disadvantaged as far as I can tell.

13. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

wyx087 and sandys like this.
  14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

+23.5 armour

15. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

If you bought it through Steam, it has a very unobtrusive FPS counter.

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I hear, until a patch, Ryzen cpus are being restricted and there's a quick work around that can get double digit performance increase.

Ryzen owners finding this?

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Consoles very rarely manage 60 FPS. In fact, I would stick my neck out and say they never manage it unless running very basic games.

Fallout, for example, is capped to 60 FPS. I was cheeky and managed to get FO4 to 70, but any more totally breaks the game. I don't quite understand why any one would insist on this game running above that. It's totally unnecessary.

However, if you do want a constant 60 FPS + then all you do is drop the settings. It's quite simple. However having personally faffed around with it loads I can assure you that you don't need any more than that. It's so amazingly gorgeous that you wouldn't care with it maxed out, and if you were FPS chasing you could do that with lower settings, it just won't look as good.

Dan - no idea. Not had time to play it over the past few days (been hitting PUBG quite heavily) but I noticed there is a new patch now.

adidan likes this.
  18. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I've been playing on a Ryzen 5 3600 stock clocked, 32GB DDR4 3600 with a Radeon RX5600 XT factory clocked and get 45-60 FPS on high, 25-40 FPS on ultra.

adidan likes this.
  19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I know, hence i refuse to play a first person anything below 60 FPS... I didn't say consoles play at 60fps did i.

Stop forcing your personal acceptable experience on me. Just because you're ok playing games at 40fps doesnt mean i am. I have a 165hz monitor and i'm use to playing 100 (codmw) to 300fps (CSGO). And yes, there is a massive difference before you go down that avenue.
    I do not like or enjoy games, spacificy first person games that run at low frame rates.

It's quite simple...No... ill wait for a 3080 thanks. so i can have it maxed (RT medium*) and have 60+ fps.

And i really dont mind waiting, i have a HP G2 coming tomorrow and CP2077 is a mess right now anyways.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but you come across very condescending.

20. liratheal

Mine - 5 3600 at stock - Doesn't seem to be causing any issues, it's not under undue load according to any charts I can muster. But I also haven't got a means to track in-game FPS a-la the Steam overlay doodad, so.. Might eek out a little extra performance with a patch as per the various reddit threads. although I think all my problems are specifically related to the ingame bugs more than performance.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to fill the wall slots in the stash? I've worked out some of the weapons that go there (By unloading anything into my stash with one of the funky backgrounds), but..

[​IMG]

Still looks a bit empty to me.

adidan likes this.