1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Am I getting irrational here thinking Covid is 'so last week' and has been swept under the carpet?
    A number of people we know who have been safe and fine for 2 yrs now have it, spookily enough.

We've been contributing to the Zoe data on their app, their data is supposedly 10 days ahead of the govt and looks awful with rates locally zipping up again...

adidan likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's exactly what's been happening.

Take local news 'covid rates up 50% in our region" followed straight after by an item starting "since the end of the pandemic"...

3. Arboreal

**FTFY**
    Take local news 'covid rates up 50% in our region" followed straight after by an item starting "since the end of the pandemic restrictions"...
    OR
    Take local news 'covid rates up 50% in our region" followed straight after by an item starting "since the end of the pandemic in the minds of the government"...

So much for science led actions. Take the muzzle off and it's off and away, would never have guesed that'd happen!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The worst part in all of this is that the Welsh government is being far more cautious, but we're hamstrung in what we can do because we're dependent on Westminster funding. If they don't spend a proportionally similar amount on restrictions, testing, etc, then we don't get the budget for it either.

The Senedd has made some pretty bone-headed decisions, and they were initially quite slow to respond, so they don't get everything right. But we constantly have the rug pulled from under our feet by the overprivileged toff dickheads in Westminster.

5. adidan

So some Antarctic areas have hit 40C above normal temperatures and some in the Arctic 30C above usual.

I'll add that to the list of constant background concerns that seem to be racking up on a daily basis.

6. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Recently we had to send an entire year group home due to so many staff having COVID. This all occurred due to our glorious leader thinking we needed to leave restrictions an entire month early, nothing to do with internal party politics...

COVID is far from over sadly.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

We've all been there...

Only advice I can give is find an appropriately sized bung.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bad idea, bad idea...

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The PC i was using has been reclaimed by it's owners...

...how the hell do people live using smartphones as their primary/only device? it's awful.

10. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

@RedFlames are you in need of another desktop? I've got a Acer prebuilt here, it's only a dual core Pentium at the moment but I'm hoping to get an i5 for it (see my post in the marketplace). I can chuck a 250-ish GB SSD and a 500GB HDD at it and a low end Radeon GPU to give it more than VGA and DVI video outputs. Let me know and I can get it out to you once I've secured a CPU for it.

yuusou, Arboreal, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Well, after much avoidance and thinking "hmmm, my immune system seems to be pretty good", I've got the COVID and feel like an absolute dog!

Went downhill pretty quickly over the last 48 hours so hoping I'm almost near recovery mode.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Everyone I know who's had it - after being vaccinated - has had a totally different experience... It ranges from "minor cold-like symptoms" to "completely floored and can barely get out of bed".

I haven't felt unwell for a good 2-3 days, but I still feel really lethargic and get easily worn out.

13. Arboreal

@RedFlames, if things don't go Lancer's way, I have an AMD mATX board with A10 quad and 8GB of DDR3 you can have, I was going to put it on Gumtree locally for £10.

It came to me as a non runner, but seemed to run basic quick tests on a Win 10 install on a 60GB SSD

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

What i'd like, is for people and events to stop ****ing me about...

I'll have to see where i stand on stuff, but for now my phone is only mildly annoying.

15. adidan

I'm thinking I should just apply a cover all "hope it's not too bad and you shake it off soon" to the entire forum.

It seems since we've been told the pandemic is over more people than ever are getting it.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm almost back to early December, when stress at work (with one client in particular) lead to panic attacks, nausea, sleepless nights, and nervousness. No panic attacks yet, but I will have to leave my job if I cannot hand over the client to a colleague (who, like me, are all working 120% already). Needless to say, I feel like ****.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This isn't ruining my life, by any means, but it seems sensible to keep updates in the same thread as the original post: the father-in-law's feeling much better. Still not back up to speed, but his cough's improved and he's got a lot more energy - enough for a quick trip to the corner shop for a paper, if not any further. Better still, the wife sounded him out on the topic of COVID vaccination and he's gone from "no" to "I'll think about it," which is a considerable softening of his previous position.

IanW, yuusou, Arboreal and 3 others like this.
  18. adidan

If one coronavirus isn't enough we had a DEFRA letter through saying there's bird flu in the area.

Awesome, got to keep our eyes out for dead birds and report any.

Life is just a daily little bit of joy at the moment. Thousand cuts and all that.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just had to make yet another dentist appointment.

Only had one a couple of weeks ago for a clean and polish, plus 3 fillings, and now one of my wisdom teeth has cracked and bits falling out. Never had any problems with them aside from this one needing a filling years ago, always been plenty of room, they came through fine, but now this.

Thankfully not too much pain, just a low level dull ache that is going through my jaw and up into my left ear...

Hopefully if and when I have work done on this one the anesthetic takes a little easier, had to have 6 injections last time which resulted in some nasty bruising... Thankfully I have an initial appointment on Thursday so we shall see...

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hang in there, chap.

Work would be okay if not for the customers :hehe:.

perplekks45 likes this.