Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Father-in-law must be doing better, 'cos they're discharging him... this evening. Nothing like a little advanced notice, eh? His oven hasn't been plumbed in yet!

Byron C and IanW like this.
  2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

My best mate finally got pregnant after 6-7 years IVF and £15k but 16 weeks along they lost the baby, with how devastated am I can't comprehend how they must feel, I still cry for them.
    With him this weekend to get him drunk and do whatever is needed.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

We have and SUV with 22" rims here :p zero shits given :D still floats over rubbish roads on its air suspension, versus my road cars where I am often wincing as I drive along

More practical than an estate, comfortable upright seating with great visibility, easier to get in an out of, often a shorter length compared to the equivalent estate so easier to park in the city, so many reasons for one. I use ours to tow, its lovely, only needs traction on fields and rubbly paths at worst, I'm not climbing a mountain just pulling a couple of tonnes.

I reckon being Geely the 132 is just going to be a rebodied Zeekr 001 which doesn't look terrible.

I wonder what the prices will be, I have an order in for a Volvo XC I could switch if it is as reasonable as the Emira. It probably won't be though, though lets be honest who wants to tow with an EV, all that unhitching to charge etc, no time for that.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2022
  4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Interesting take, I can't say the seating position / getting in and out of the car is something that matters to me so I hadn't considered it.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I reckon you're spot on actually, was unaware of it but then I've not been following the auto industry at all.
    I was sorta hoping that the manual V6 Emira was a statement that Lotus would continue the tradition of analogue & old-school in part, but suspect it was really just a case of tooling & transition practicality of making use of something they already have.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup reckon that to be the case, great bit of re-use though.

I'm hoping the Emira destroys Evora prices so I can pick one up, do you still have one, I'll give you a fiver for it :p :D I'd love me a 410 but can never convince myself to part that much dough for one.

Pete J likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

I'm hoping that does not happen. I still have the 400, have been mulling over whether I want to continue having it for a couple of years. It still only has 6k miles on it so probably worth at least a tenner.

I had a GT410 for a weekend and was unable to detect any difference that wasn't cosmetic.

Pete J likes this.
  8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wife managed to get the gas fitter to come and sort the oven out this afternoon, but it'll need an extension cable to power the electrics. Usable for now by lighting with a match, of course - and it means the gas is turned back on, so he's got hot water! Kitchen sink's still effed, as the plumber didn't have the parts and didn't want to bodge it - but his neighbour, who does his own plumbing, says he'll take a look at it over the weekend.

Now I'm looking at replacing his washing machine, too. 's getting to be an expensive week, this!

Ceri's picking him up at the hospital now. He insisted on vacating the ward and walking down to wait at the entrance, so it sounds like his stubbornness is back - a good, if not a little annoying, sign!

Isitari and IanW like this.
  9. Gareth Halfacree

Oof.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Bad luck Gareth. Mine went up ~50%.

I'm wondering about calling them up and saying that I have a new deal for them - the same damn rates I was already paying, or I'll blow their offices up.

spolsh likes this.
  11. Mister_Tad

I'm on a 2 year fixed price tariff until November this year. On a scale from totally to yes, how screwed am I going to be?

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Should be fine, it's a two bed mid terrace you're in, right?

13. Mister_Tad

Yes.

But let's say hypothetically, that I wasn't.

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Perhaps you could buy a cheap shipment of Russian gas that everyone else is refusing to unload?

Pete J likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

A day off. I wish. Been working really hard on my speaker for two weeks now without a single day to rest. Today was that day. Yay !. Only I forgot that my brother left a big hole in the kitchen wall when removing the cabinet (mum wants a bigger FF) and she was at the "I'm paying someone to do it" stage.

That's where the son bit kicks in. Pay? you kidding?

[​IMG]

Ugh. So much for a day off then.

Can't wait to hit that with the sander ! oh what joy !

Pete J likes this.
  16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Next uplift in October is predicted to be 60% so about 44-45p a unit which is a fair chunk.

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye after the 50% or so in April. Our fixed just ran out this week. :rollingeyes:

Time to dig out the thermals.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think I have gallstones. Keep getting a pain just under the bottom right of my ribs. Thought it was indigestion, but has been fairly persistent today, along with a bit of the sweats periodically. Absolutely do not want any more holes poked in me, really need to sort my **** out and get back to cooking proper food. We've just both been so tired after work lately it's hard to find the strength to do it. But it's either that or risk yet more damage to my battered body

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

A game i was looking forward to turns out to be a sodding souls like.

Boo!

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

7am I had a dream I was back in the USA and there was a wood pecker outside.

[​IMG]

Turns out it's actually these guys.

https://www.boxbroadband.co.uk/

Noisy sods. I wouldn't mind if it were at my flat so I could actually get it lol.