Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They have fewer clowns, was what I was getting at.

EDIT: Add the Courts and Tribunal Service to the clown list...

'The DWP have responded to your appeal... you should have received it in the post'

no they ****ing didn't and no I ****ing haven't....

Last edited: 18 Sep 2023
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That'll be down to the clowns at the post office. :rolleyes:

3. RedFlames

Given the **** the DWP have lied about up to now, until i see evidence otherwise i'm going with them lying about this too...

This whole **** started with them claiming to have sent something in the post when they hadn't, sanctioned me for not showing up to the appointment it was allegedly informing me of, and then stonewalling me when i asked them to prove that they had sent the letter [just glossing over, for now, the fact that RM don't actually guarantee delivery any more for first class post, and never did for second class].

IanW likes this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Whole family's down the with 'vid. I feel rough as a limestone enema right now.

5. RedFlames

So 80-grit rough? or all the way at 24-grit?

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

12-gauge.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm going to have to try and remember that one!

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

I'm a bit slow sometimes...

9. RedFlames

Don't worry about it - I was typing angry, so i might not have been as clear as i could've have been.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Can't sleep. Occasionally I do have trouble getting off to sleep and it takes me another hour or so before I finally drop off. But I've not anything like this for as long as I can remember.

Fell asleep somewhere after midnight, after my other half got up and went downstairs (she can get very restless at night, often she'll get up for an hour or so when she can't settle). Woke back up around 2ish when she came back up to bed and I've been awake ever since. Just... can't drop off.

Screw it. I'm up and dressed now, so I'm gonna play around with Starfield's ship builder for a while. I'm taking tomorr-- ... today... off sick so I can try and get a couple of hours of sleep in later on.

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

This is my go-to for when I can't sleep. It's just so incredibly dry, but it keeps your brain from wandering like it would if it was left to its own devices.

John Ward's videos are normally pretty entertaining but this? Oh boy!

12. veato

veato I should be working

Bolt snapped off wife's car at garage when in for new tyres. They want around £500 to fix as it'll need a new hub/flange. But also Nissan no longer make them so they might also need to look at scrapers/eBay to source a replacement. This is not a good say so far.

Head scratching moment though when I said "well can't you drill the bolt out." "No," they said "because it might damage the flange." errrrrrr

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

I had a similar problem with a locking wheel bolt on our Citroën, tyre fitter snapped off a locking bolt. Local garage fixed it. Was a bugger and took a long time but, they got the bloody thing out, nothing else needed to be changed and, they replaced all the locking bolts with standard ones. Cost £200... No need for locking bolts as, apparently, nobody steals alloy wheels anymore. PSA locking bolts are the worst for breaking.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well that was a bust. My save has a game breaking bug and the only way to fix it is to lose about 11hrs of gameplay. I’d rather start over and make better decisions about skills, etc, now that I know the game better and know what’s useful. So that’s pretty much all I’ve done today!

Normally reading does the job every time, but not this time - I’ll bear this in mind.

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Luda, I've done the job on my driveway in under an hour with only basic tools.

16. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Try melatonin. Helps my partner who struggles to fall asleep drop off each and every time. Natural, non addictive and it’s even vegan friendly. If you’re one of those.. :rollingeyes:

https://m.pipingrock.com/melatonin/...erry-10-mg-per-serving-70-vegan-gummies-15501

We get it from here, comes from the States. Takes about 3/4 days even with the cheapest postage option.

17. veato

veato I should be working

They took the car to the main branch who said they can drill out the bolt. Funny that! £96 including new non-locking bolts.

IanW likes this.
  18. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Most tyre places will do that for £25 a corner. At least round me.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Is the wheel off? On our car the bolt had sheered but, was still holding the wheel. Just to make matters worse, what was left was deeply recessed and drilling would likely have damaged the wheel. They had to cut down a socket so they could get it on to the remains of the bolt head to turn it. The locking bolts weren’t over tightened, just a clumsy arse tyre fitter. ‘Twas a bugger…

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've taken sleeping tablets in years past, I had to try my hardest to stop myself from ever taking them again because they worked too damn well. For someone with ADHD who has almost zero impulse control, the road from "I'll take one of these now and then when I struggle to sleep" to "I must take these every night or I will never sleep again" is a very very short one. If it works, melatonin would be in exactly the same category.