1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

4 new tyres myself, FALKEN Ziex ZE310 Ecorun 225/60R17 99V filled with Nitrogen, just shy of £440.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Cool. I will disconnect it I think. Deffo for desktop use. Can't find a case for it either so yeah, will remain on the desk.

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

I'm sure there is something available domestically for way cheaper that does the same job, but this has been near-unanimously specifically recommended so as not to darken Red Wing's oil tanned leather by the denizens of the internet, don't want to take any chances with my new boots.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Little upgrade to my Home server / Home lab:

EPYC 7402P (Zen 2 - 24c/48t 2.8-3.4Ghz)

[​IMG]

128GB (8x16GB) 2666 DDR4 ECC:

[​IMG]

Replaces my existing 7551P (Zen 1 - 32c/64t 2 - 3Ghz) and 128GB (4x32GB) 2133 DDR4 ECC

So far only switched out the RAM quickly this evening (think I am coming down with the cold / flu thing my wife has had the past couple of days so didn't feel like also switching out the CPU) and the performance uplift is already noticeable within the same VM. Still seeing stuttering in games but a portion of this will be the ARC A750 as I can't run REBAR on this platform. When I have more time at the weekend (and hopefully not feeling rotten) I will try my 4070 in the system to see if that resolves any of the stuttering. The other portion is likely the CPU as Zen 2 EPYC is quite a step up from ZEN 1 EPYC on a raw performance basis. Most reviews (under Linux) showed the 7402P out performing the 7601P(32c/64t) in multi core benchmarks let alone single core. Single core was around 25-35% uplift, partly clock speed and partly raw IPC uplifts. No real surprise as Zen 2 desktop chips were noticeably faster across the board core for core than the Zen1/Zen + predecessors).

:)

meandmymouth, Yaka and Almightyrastus like this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They look like chonky boots. What are they going on?

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Eh, so... FOMO basically...

Another(nother) pair of boots

[​IMG]

Spanky, Byron C and goldstar0011 like this.
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Typod chonkers, I meant 195, not 295, a little VW Caddy wont take wide bois

8. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Finally new PC bits. Missing the CPU there :duh: - 7800X3D. - Apologies, not sure how to resize pics via media gallery? And they look awful quality too.
    The mess behind. Never dealt with RGB before, I don't know why I wanted to.
    SO. MANY. DAMN. CABLES.
    No idea how to control the RGB very well. RAM has to use Kingstons own thing, and is quite meh. And I didn't enjoy building in this NV7. SO BIG, but cables are awful to get to the front of the case for the motherboard.
    The GPU was /HELL/ to sort out.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2023
    IanW, SuperHans123, Pete J and 3 others like this.
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

10. Vault-Tec

Power cable for the wee laptop I got from Nims. And a 8gb SODIMM stick of DDR4 2133 for £9.50.

Now this? I have wanted for a decade. Problem is the shipping is now so high that it makes the tax on anything from the USA dumb. However, I finally found one in the UK. Cost me £19 delivered, but I can live with that.

[​IMG]

That one is new. Then, by the law of sod this popped up in my suggested, again in the UK, for £13.

[​IMG]

So sod it, I got both.

Byron C likes this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had a moment of weakness:

upload_2023-12-8_19-0-17.png

(It's not as exciting as it looks: it's a Quarter Arcade cab, meaning it's built to a one-quarter scale. Fully functional, but that's a five-inch TFT to give you an idea of the dimensions.)

IanW, adidan, SuperHans123 and 7 others like this.
  12. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

The logical next step is to follow Wayne Szalinski and shrink yourself down for full enjoyment.

IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

End result looks great though :thumb:

If all you need to do is control RGB, it might be worth taking a look at OpenRGB as a "one-size fits all" solution - assuming you haven't already. I don't know what compatibility is like these days, but last time I tried it I had no issues with any of my software-controlled RGB doo-dads.

I've ended up having to swallow my pride and put up with a couple of different manufacturer-specific background applications... I needed iCue for a set of RGB fans I won in a contest (on here, actually), and then I also bought a Corsair headset which needed iCue to control features like mic talkback. Although I can control the motherboard's RGB through iCue, I still need the Asus software for firmware updates and the like. And then I bought a Razer mouse, which needs Synapse to control things like DPI adjustments and button assignment/re-assignment...

Aaaaaand before I knew it, I had crapware aplenty running in the background... :rollingeyes:

Arboreal and pete* like this.
  14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Today I fitted a couple of things to my car. A Wokeby lid for the frunk so it should be weatherproofed now. And I got round to installing a Vantrue N4 Pro, the cables are nice and hidden away.

Byron C likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Because winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

b1g-d0g and Byron C like this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Well, so much for that. It turns up, I unpack it, try to ignore the very obvious over-tightened screw pushing at the vinyl on the top, fire it up... No sound. Find the volume control, adjust it... Still no sound.

Definitely didn't ignore the "do not remove cover" warning in the manual, undo four Torx screws, lift off the back panel, and find... a neatly-cut yellow wire which can be traced back to the SBC and a connector reading "SPK+".

Could I disassemble it and solder it to the speaker? Maybe. Am I willing to do that on an overpriced "collector's item"? Hell no. Refund, please.

I should have known better than to trust the company that makes those awful rubber ducks after watching Funko Pop print money.

What a disappointment.

17. Vault-Tec

Yeah I was going to say you may want to put helicopter tape on the control deck as they wear off very easily. Not built well tbh.

18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

1440 IPS monitor for £108 off warehouse. Always a bit of a crapshoot but this one is pristine and makes my eyes happy.

Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had never heard of this stuff before. Today I learned what "helicopter tape" is...

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

TIL, what Byron C learnt...

Byron C likes this.