1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Last time I needed a locksmith I eneded up bricking a window bc getting the window secured and then replaced was quicker and cheaper than the locksmith was going to be...

adidan likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I am a fan of lateral thinking. :thumb:

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Global Shipping Program, have a buyer wanting 14 items but to get it in one combined order under GSP seems almost impossible and individual postage will be a killer without some combined shipping.

Not going to happen... boo!

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Mosquito bite on the sole of my foot. The worst.

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Plane to Frankfurt, cancelled 15 hours before flight.

Had to find a flight to Amsterdam and then a train to Eindhoven to find a colleague to drive to Nuremberg exhibition centre. KLM. What a waste of time. Apparently they are ALLOWED to over sell tickets by up to 10%? Who thought that was a good idea?

Morons.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh we never see lock pickers, bashing in frames to get past mortice locks or breaking windows makes too much noise and is too noticeable, most are simple cylinder lock snaps using mole grips/plumbers pliers.

ElThomsono likes this.
  7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Geez, what a mission I've just had. Laura's gone out with her mate so I've brought both kids back from nursery, swapped the cars over as I need to shift something tomorrow. They wanted to play in the back of the Landy so fair enough. After that into the house, I'm meant to hang some pictures then bath the kids but the house is cold so I light the fire. Once that's on its pushing on a bit so I run a bath, they dump an entire jar of change over the floor. You ever tried to pick up coins from a hard surface? It's pretty much one at a time. I put the kids in the bath, have an absolute fight on my hands to get them in, I tell them not to splash and go to tend to the fire. Back upstairs, water everywhere. Ok Sully you've lost your Marshall teddy for tonight. Quick bath, kids out, more aggro. Sully kicking and screaming, I put him on the step while I dry Saff. Put the TV on just to wind her down, empty the bins, Sully still saying no to me and playing silly buggers. I pack away his train set and tell him he'll lose the other if he doesn't sit nicely on the sofa. "where will you put it?" "oh I don't know, perhaps I'll give it away to another girl or boy?". Take Saff up to bed, she keeps messing about instead of choosing a book. Finally gives in, chooses two, gets her teeth brushed, books ready, she climbs into bed. Tuck her in and go to deal with Sully. He refuses to do a wee. Ok, I'll go and get that other trainset. He capitulates. By the time he's upstairs Saff is asking to do a wee. I left her, back into bed, more faff. Deal with Sully. Brushed teeth nicely, explanation that it makes me sad when he doesn't do as I ask. Half way through the book she's asking to do another wee. Ok, I agree but it's the last one or I'll shut your door. She actually produces this time so fair enough. I lift her into bed, she goes spare, insists she climb in herself. Ok. She climbs in, trips on the duvet and bangs her head on the brick wall. Not hard, but enough. Wee cuddle etc. back into bed, she starts asking for books in bed. No. Wailing. No. Furious wailing and kicking legs. I shut the door and leave (this works really well, BTW). Put Sully to bed, ask if he has water, no, ok. He wants a cuddle so climbs out and I give him one. I climb up and show him the water he told me four times wasn't there. Back to Saff, she mellows as soon as I open the door. Tucked in, rub noses, night night. Come downstairs and the fire has gone Chernobyl. I open the door and a blazing log falls out and shatters into red hot cinders. It sets my brush on fire, I put a gauntlet on, grab the log and put it back in the fire. Take the gauntlet off, stub the brush fire out and start sweeping the cinders. It's ****ing roasting, glove back on. Swept up, door shut. Right, seems I didn't get a chance to put the pictures on the wall, and it's now half seven and all I've had to eat today is a pastie and chips. How does anyone cope as a single parent?

IanW and Pete J like this.
  8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

.... Wow.

Dude, crack a beer open or something, I think you deserve it!

IanW, ElThomsono and adidan like this.
  9. adidan

@ElThomsono Feel for you dude, no useful help from me other than maybe sliding the coins onto paper or a thin bit of card next time.

Yeah, I know, not the biggest problem you've had tonight.

IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

More points to add to my list of why I don't want kids!

It seems utterly brutal as a single parent, its my biggest fear about having children, as I would struggle even as part of a relationship but on my own would destroy me! Lots of respect for you handling it so well!

For stuff like copints, I find slamming them together so they bounce up into a rough pile can work, or a magnet if you have one, but otherwise its a medatitive activity as you do it one at a time...

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Way ahead of you. I don't normally drink during the week but I can make exceptions.

Byron C likes this.
  12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ha, yeah. I was thinking "I should get the dustpan and brush" but kept going. Slamming them into piles wasn't working, kept going. "I should probably still go get the dustpan", keep at it. "yeah I definitely should have gotten it" keep going, "hmm actually I should still get it but I'm almost finished", keep going "why didn't I jist get it?".

Byron C, Bloody_Pete and adidan like this.
  13. adidan

I mean I'd have done the same, just stubbornly carried on whilst thinking about making it easier. Until it was done :happy:

Byron C likes this.
  14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

We do this at work, but with staffing! 'The deadline is too close, we don't have time to get more staff' *misses deadline due to not enough staff* repeat until I'm burnt out!

15. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Single parents are absolute heroes.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Stuff. None of which I can share and that you'd care much about if I did.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  17. adidan

Mate, whatever it is I hope you get through it it as unscathed as possible.

Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think I'd treat a floor full of coins like lint.
    Wrap tape around my hand, sticky side out, and pat-pat-pat.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

mi1ez, IanW, Arboreal and 1 other person like this.
  20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Floor full of loose coins and two kids with a bit of left over energy, you've missed a trick there that cleans up the coins and bores / wears out the kids....

IanW, Byron C and Arboreal like this.