1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Bought a new phone screen protector, one of the plastic ones as they tend to go on without air bubbles, just noticed a small bit of dirt under it on the edge :idea:

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I intensely dislike fitting screen protectors. I have considered a small clean chamber purchase for when I do have to fit them!

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Same, so I just don't use them.

perplekks45, Byron C, adidan and 2 others like this.
  4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Whenever I get a day off by myself, my partner wrongly assumes I'm a taxi driver. It's been a solid year since I've had a day solely to myself, just to enjoy some peace and quiet without anyone needing something from me. If I were at work, she'd manage just fine driving herself around to her friends, the shops or whatever – she can drive and she has a car. I don't think it's too much to ask for a bit of time to do things I want to do. I don't want to spend my day stressed out shuttling to every imaginable ****ing place because she can't be bothered. Not to mention Saturday and Sunday is going to be spent with her family so no time there either...

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I hear that.
    If i'm at home, even if im working from home, it means i'm responsible for/expected to get the kids ready for/to school, and pick them up; and that i'm aviable to discuss whatever thing SWMBO has in her bonnet at that given time, and that it must be discussed then (tbh, i get that when i'm at work as well...) I cannot recall the last time i had a "day off" where i had no demands from anyone, and could just do what i want, when i want...

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Feeling your pain. I don't really do lie-ins but I do get annoyed with ferrying her to and from work on my days off.

Most of our fights seem to begin with me saying "I bought you an e-bike, so how about you use the ****ing thing?"

Pete J, IanW and DeadP1xels like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I get that :grin:

None of the Earth-built ships in Stargate look particularly "good", but The Hammond in particular has a bit of a special place in the hearts of Stargate fans. It was named after Don S. Davis' character after the actor died in 2008 - Stargate Atlantis was still being broadcast at the time he died.

IanW likes this.
  8. MadGinga

Hammond is dead?! :waah::waah::waah:

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

This sounds so like my life it’s actually uncanny…for a microsecond I thought I was having a full blown breakdown and @MadGinga was just a secondary account I had created for the sole purpose of comforting myself…

I very frequently get “Well you’re okay you get to go to work 5 days a week!” Like I’ve got it easy…

All perspective I guess, I’d happily give up full time work to do the school pickup a few times a week and have three full days to myself every single week.

Pete J, IanW and MadGinga like this.
  10. MadGinga

Stop it. You're the Tyler Durden account :p

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

[​IMG]

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What the hell happened to my free time? There's always something to do lately; always one job or another needs doing, always something that needs cleaning, always something that needs replacing, always somewhere to go... Christ, I've had enough...

Oh, and this god damn ****ing weather can go **** itself. Start off the day with glorious sunshine then 30 minutes later there's hail. Then it gets sunny again. Then it's a biblical downpour. Just one week without rain, that's all I'm asking...

13. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Much the same on the other side of The Bristol Channel...

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, adulting can be a real grind sometimes.

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

After about 40 years of, supposedly, being an adult, I can confirm you are not wrong...

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not ruining, but annoying me to no end.

Reading an article about open in-ear headphones out of curiosity, and then struggling over the opinion that open headphones are the best for working in an open space office. Why? So I can listen to all the other people around me yelling into their phones/microphones instead of the people I'm currently speaking with over my own headphones? Have these people ever worked in a busy open space office?

When I'm in the office and I wear headphones, I'm in a call or working on something that requires a high level of concentration and I'm to be left alone. No headphones, speak with me if you want. I really don't want to hear everything around me because it breaks my concentration or is louder than my own call.

Maybe it's just me, but.....

IanW, Pete J, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's not just you, I like to hear what's coming through the headphones and not what's going on around me.

IanW, perplekks45 and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  18. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I either use subtle bone conduction headphones if I want people to come up to me, and to hear what's around me; or noise cancelling headphones as a "leave me alone"

perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Padlock on my motorbike chain has seized, been out here for 40 minutes trying to get it off. I’ve now bent the key and can’t find the spare. The spare key I asked my other half to put on her ****ing keys ****ing years ago, about a week before she ****ing took it back off because it “made my key ring too big and bulky”. Well NEWSFLASH, this is EXACTLY why I gave you a ****ing spare that I now can’t ****ing find!!!

So now I have to buy an angle grinder to cut the chain off. Oh yeah, and I’ll need a new chain and lock. And I need both now, today, because I can’t be without my own transport at the moment.

And guess what the weather has been doing in the 40 minutes I’ve been out here? Of course it’s ****ing raining, isn’t it…

I’m just trying to go to ****ing work ffs…

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Noise cancelling headphones only for me because most of the time people just want to give you problems to deal with :happy:

mi1ez likes this.