1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress 2001 - A Case Modyssey - New plans = New Render Video!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 10 Dec 2011.

1. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

it's like the case is having its own little rave! :clap::clap::clap:

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

LOL! A Rave Case !
    Was inspired by this sequence from the film. Could have used the mulitcoloured enermax fans but these fitted better into the design.

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

:jawdrop:The fans are cool, and loving the build. Just noticed hat the U-Tube link has been disabled ??

Damn you have some big sponsors

4. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks man !
    I dont hve any isues with both links, please let me know if you are still having issues.
    Yeah, I am very fortunate to have people supporting my build. Could not have built it so fast without them !

5. Asouter

Asouter --------

You're very welcome, the U-Tube link has "EMBEDDING DISABLED BY REQUEST" :duh: Ahhh just watched it on utube and can see the the effect of the lights , those fans are bang on.

6. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here's a little update but unfortunately not a good one !
    After having troubles with delivery of the plexiglasrods to the cutter (took 2 weeks), the rods bent because of the heat of the laser so we had to get creative and glued several layers of plexi together to get the desired thickness, the plexi arrived today .... IN PIECES !!!!
    [​IMG]

Now we are going to claim back from PostNL, redo the work etc etc ...

7. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Damn! what a shame. Are you going to redo them by yourself?

8. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Yeah thanks mate !
    No The cutter is also a modder and he is pretty pissed off at the courier, so he's gonna do it again for me at no cost, while claiming it back from them !

9. Asouter

Asouter --------

Ahh I've been looking forward to seeing the plexi, Damn the courier, can I claim for the wait ???

10. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Sure I'll add 10 whiplashes !

11. Luke@90

Luke@90 What's a Dremel?

great project, a nice tribute to Kubrick's movie....Congrats!!!

12. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

My favourite bit of the film :) But.. sorry to say I didn't see the likeness with just red fans.

Perhaps an rgb LED array with controller could reproduce the effect? If you're sticking with red fans I think it'd suit the mod better to just have them synchronised together, more "computery" like slowly pulsing or something. HAL didn't include a laser light show :D Just my opinion though.

13. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Now with the AT-AT almost finished its time to take care of another build I was doing.
    Sometimes its a good thing to step away from a build for a while and then return to it.
    We decided to change some things as you will see in the new render video.
    Nix is making a kickass compilation of the scenes to put on the base right now !
    Let us know what you think !

14. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Got it ! Love that part to! This was just me fooling around with the fans though. The fans are supposed to light up the plexiglass modules that are in front of it. It will most probably never ever be in a such chaotic sequence.

15. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Made this fancontroller assembly with on the top the Lamptron Touch, the 5 hardware controllers of the enermax fans and a media bay underneath it. (the uv plexi are the dials to turn up the fancontrollers )

Unfortunately the new plans mean that this will be dropped !

[​IMG]

16. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Because of this new setup we are able to move the monkey around and place it on the other side. That was the main reason why we couldnt have a door or a window that can open, the monkey was in the way. Now that has been changed i can start looking at a way to close it up completely.
    A door would be cool but the hinges will be visible and that's a no-no. A door would also need to put somewhere when its opened meaning i would have a large piece of material sticking out. Maybe the best way is to place a sort of film on the inside of the plexi and shut all the lights off, as the case is going to be powdercoated black it might be dark enough to pull off.
    Any idea's here would be greatly appreciated

17. Jeti

Jeti What's a Dremel?

Absolutely stunning.