Other 4.0 Android updates for HTC

Discussion in 'General' started by Kovoet, 8 Mar 2012.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Seriously getting fed up with Kies, It's useless, It can't update a phone that's got data on it, can't update a phone that's been factory reset. I'm so glad my One X had ICS pre-installed, but even then, OTA updates work fine, but Mums GS2 has no chance.

Sam

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I did one last week for for someone. It was a unlocked version from CPW. Backed it all up then did a factory reset, then did the upgrade no probs

3. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Hmm, been waiting a while now for the update on my T-mobile sensation. Just considering to root it and do it myself, pretty sure I saw a leaked RUU on xda a while back.

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It's a stock handset, not been rooted, I've waited for the battery to charge to 100% and still nothing, I had a quick look via Kiers Air, and there was no option there either.

Sam

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Redone my sensation a couple of months ago with no peoblwms

6. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

I've been having trouble with apps since updating my SGS2 to ICS:
    - Amazon Kindle frequently resets completely so that I have to start at day 1 (most progress is lost, must register again, all books have to be downloaded again, samples are gone and have to be found on the store and downloaded again).
    - QPlayer (video player) freezes the whole phone at ~15% battery and the only way to unfreeze is to remove the battery.
    - Camera app does not load properly on first attempt and the buttons are missing. Have to close it in task manager before it will work properly.
    Yes, I have uninstalled/reinstalled them. Other than this ICS is a buttery smooth dream.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

8. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Its funny reading all the problems with Kiers and the ICS update on the Galaxy S2, guess I am quite lucky, as everything works flawlessly for me, and I did zero preparation.

Install Kiers, disable usb debug mode on my S2, and installed ics.

9. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Updates are released at different times by different operators in different regions so when you get ICS is dependent not just upon kies and its reliability but also where you live and what contract you bought your phone on (or whether it is unbranded - unbranded phones usually get updates first as carriers have to install their customisations and bloatware which takes longer).

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Motorola Atrix here.. ill have a look to see if will be getting it... dont be keeping my hopes up as theres a Atrix 2 out now..

edit: will be getting it, but in Q3