1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 9800 Pro AIW Not booting! :<

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LordFeaR, 21 Dec 2004.

1. LordFeaR

LordFeaR What's a Dremel?

I've tried several different power leads, reseating the card about a dozen times, trying different DVI connectors, and even clearing the CMOS. Still no dice :(

Any ideas?

2. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Try the card in another computer? Is the fan spinning up? Do you get any Bios beeps at all?

Death

3. LordFeaR

I dont have a speaker connected, and I haven't tried it in another computer yet.. But my current card still works with the board. Fan spins :\

I dunno :<

4. LordFeaR

Ok so I got this card to post and run perfectly fine on another system (Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus 1.0)

I'm really miffed about why this 9800 Pro AIW refuses to post on my machine. (DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity) I've cleared the CMOS, reseated multiple times, etc. What gives?

After some google searching, and a little info I found on ATI's site, I've discovered that the 9800 Pro has compatability issues with "a limited number" of power supplies. After googling about for a few hours, I found that it typically coincides with Antec True Power PS's, but no mention of any TTGI SuperFlower PS's. Anyone have a similar problem? Could it be an incompatability with my mobo?

Also: The card was working when pulled from an MSI KT4 Ultra Mobo w/ Enermax 420w Powersupply.

I'm gonna kick myself if it is seriously the power supply that is giving it trouble. That thing cost me quite the pretty penny a few months ago!

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks.

*Edit* Updated CMOS, still nothing.

Tags: