1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision-Blizzard buys King.com for $5.9 billion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Stupid amount of money, these silly apps..... at some point there will be saturation, followed by a plateau in growth followed by a steady decline as the market becomes more and more diluted.

You only have to look at declining cell phone sales to see we're nearing that point now - I'd say the owners of King.com just pulled off a blinder of a sale... my opinion is that this was a poor acquisition by Activision-Blizzard.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm guessing having your game packaged with Microsoft's latest OS makes the deal all the sweeter. ;)

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

King.com just pulled out a sweet deal. Zynga and Rovio should've taught Activision-Blizzard to stay away from these kinds of ventures.

5. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

The problem with those devs is that they bloated their staff and attempted to diversify from a single premise.
    King is sticking rigidly to the crap Tetris formula rigidly, and the public keep lapping it up. All on a ,relatively shoestring, staff.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Or EA's Popcap acquisition.

When you buy the company at the top of the market, the only way is down. I suppose this is like the forced merger of Activision-Blizzard, it's lets them say they're the market leader to the shareholders.