1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision: "We may have to stop supporting Sony"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Jun 2009.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

Is ps3 overpriced not really , is it aimed at the higher paid workers. Yes ,I own All 3 never really use them at all pc gaming all the way .want to buy new consoles already as this gen is outta date , natal not gonna be well suPpoted I dout

2. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I think both Sony and Activision know that Activision won't stop making PS3 games. This is probably just to scare Sony into providing better developer support for them and getting them to share the expertise of the 1st and 2nd party developers with them.

3. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

About all the posts about PS3 vs. PC gaming, to sum it up, console is for the Average Joe and PC is for the more enthusiast gamers :)

4. trig

trig god's little mistake

so much wrong with just about everything this ...person says...

i'd say around 100k units more a month in the US is pretty significant, dont know where you got 10 to 20k....maybe in florida...

a:u r right on that, xbox has pretty much been increasing its sales yoy....what do you think that means?

b:sony hasnt outsold anything the xbox has done yet...research these things before you act like you know something

advice, try google...makes you look a little more intelligent than you are sometimes.

they did have about half the user base (maybe not now). last time i checked, which was last year granted, xbox had hit 29 million, sony still looking for 14 million...

yes, they are over-priced...you sit in on ceo board meetings, do ya? they specifically stated in their last meeting that who cares what 90% of the population wants as long as the richer 10% buy it we'll turn a profit?

another great comment by this guy. your opinions are obviously one-sided, but they dont represent the vast majority of public opinion. CoD is a top seller, and last i checked, which was after christmas, gh outsold rockband 2:1. so how exactly did they lose to rockband?

Last edited: 20 Jun 2009
  5. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

What? Last time I checked, Microsoft only recently (as in this year, I think it was pre-E3 tbh) announced 30 million, and Sony was at 23 or 24 million I believe. Unless you're not talking worldwide then wooops.

6. trig

trig god's little mistake

xbox hit 28.59 million units as of dec 31, 2008. around that time i was looking to get one, but walmart...gotta love em...had a deal on ps3's where you bought the $399 version and got a $100 walmart giftcard. essentially getting it for $299. i know they had a big spike around that time, but i had no idea they hit 20 million units by e3. but that would be about right for 30 million for the xbox 360 as sales are bad post christmas usually. especially these days.

7. damen1786

damen1786 What's a Dremel?

it would kill sony ps3 if they lost the games from activision, especially if it happened before the release of MW2, i used to own xbox 360, i now have ps3 and i must say there is no real difference between the two, if im completely honest i think i enjoyed the 360 better but im hoping that in the future the ps3 will begin to overtake the xbox.

www.customgamingrig.com

8. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

because with microsoft development tools, they only have to write the code once, and they can compile two version with one click.... thats why mass effect. left of dead, splinter cell are 360 and pc only, because developers can make two games from one.... it just makes good business sense and dont forget that a windows PC is a microsoft platform too

9. Adamblack09

Adamblack09 What's a Dremel?

Well I think Activision should stay with supporting SONY because you've only just started to support (Crash Bandicoot) And it would be Excellent if you could keep Crash Bandicoot.

Jason Rubin would be surprised like me as he thought you'd do a good job on Crash.

Your new Crash forum is very good. So just keep Sony's Crash to help the series stay popular.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

activation wont drop ps3 support no matter what as it would be suicide from a business stand point. Its not even that far behind for such an over expensive console as people think it is ( its not overpriced for what you get).

sony and microsoft as companies both have there bad points. im glad nintendo is destroying both. Hope it continues.

11. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Good job it doesn't include Modern warfare 2, imagine the uproar if that ended up being Pc/Xbox 360 only :p

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

A) Yes
    B) Yes but it wouldnt improve anything so you might as well leave them on the DVD
    C) Yes if it wasnt they couldnt sell it but man is it bloody expensive ~_~

Tags: Add Tags