Windows Age of Mythology

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Loz, 21 Jan 2003.

1. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

Anyone else playing this great game? If not, why not? :p
    What do you all think of it?

I'm finally admitting to myself that my strategy-game tactics really suck, so its "back to school" for me.

2. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I've never played any strategy games on the PC, such as Age of Mythology, StarCraft, etc. How are they?? I used to only play FPS till I got NFS-HP2 and Rallisport Challenge. Now I'm trying to find all kinds of racing games. Might /dl the demo for Age of Empires and check it out to see how it is.

P.S. Unreal 2 comes out next week so it may put a damper in my plans. :D:D:D:D:D:D

3. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

How much of an improvement is age of mythology over the over age of empires games? I was considering to get it but I thught it would be way to similar!

well.......

4. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

AOM is a huge improvement over AOE2. You select one of nine deitys which are all VERY different, and there are three civilisations which are also very different.

God powers, which have a large affect on games, range from the "Vault of plenty" (generates resources) to "meteor shower" (I'm sure you can guess that one) to "Underworld Passage" (which your units can use to move from one place to another instantly).

Things are more complicated than the "Rock - Paper - Scissors" battles of AOE2, with the addition of myth units/heroes.

The graphics are pretty good and the GUI is very similar to AOE2 (not a bad thing).

Map types are numerous and varied, with the option of having one chosen at random.

5. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

yeah man, this game rocks. I d/l a demo thinking "eh, i'm all strategy gamed out" but I got hooked on the demo and had to go out and buy it.... too bad I left it at the other house last night when I left and came home....grrr, I'm mad at myself over that one.

6. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

I'm well glad that i bought this game, it rocks!

Im totally rubbish at it, but i still enjoy playing the game and hosting my own games.

Im gonna keep playing cos ill hopefully get better at it, which i think i already am improving!

Great game!!! :D :D :D

7. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I seem to manage a score of about 1600 then loose five games in a row untill I'm back down to 1500... it's driving me crazy.... I really should get good at something sometime soon...

8. :Galokin:

Well ive played 13 games and not won a single one!!!

But i feel that im getting better at it so hopefully **Fingers Crossed** in a while ill regain my rating points.

Just keep playing and improving your skills and im sure u'll become brilliant at it :)

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Being a fan of Age of Empires I picked up a copy yesterday and it does indeed rock! God powers are so cool especially the meator shower. The best thing is I can run this game on my overclocked TNT2!

10. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

i really want to get a copy ! any body know were i could get a demo copy?
    :rolleyes:

11. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

Microsoft HQ

12. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

thanks il download it when i get home i looked at some other sites were it shows al the features of the game :baby: it looks good, can't wait to get playing

13. :Galokin:

btw...i downloaded the game, and i failed to get it online. Im not sure if there is a way round it or not yet, but i think there wont be.

When u go online u have to register which takes yr unique code for the game and registers it so it cant be done again. Unless someone brings out a way of getting round it, things dont look bright.

Do wot i did...go out n buy it!!!

14. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

i probally will buy it to aparently you cant copy it either,are microsoft getting to good?:worried:

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I wouldn't say they are getting good maybe a little cunning. Although there are some games that you can use Gamespy with this seems to overright the code problem.

16. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

cd clone did not work but what is gamespy? got a link?
    by the way the demo is amazing i love that rain of comets it wiped put everything over such a large area and the graphics are so good:baby:

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Well basicly gamespy is a program used to run servers for games im not quite sure if age of mythology supports it try it and see go too www.gamespy.com then get the gamespy arcade prog, i use it for most of my games some ppl don't like it but i thinks it ok its worth a try.

18. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

ok thaqnks il have a look:rolleyes:

19. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

ive got it, pretty cool, other than u dont want to play iy after 2 weeks or so....

20. ejmac

ejmac What's a Dremel?

The core of the game is pretty much the same. The graphics are all totally new though. At least this version is more challnging to command and focusses on strategy more than "keep making farms so you don't run out of food" And, thank god for no more stone!

Tags: