Cooling AMD 1090T temperatures.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warejon9, 10 Jun 2010.

1. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Hi, i've just bout a 1090T and its being watercooled atm (my first time for it too) and i'm a bit confused about the temperatures that i'm getting, as i've heard that the core temps are broken. However my cpu temp just seems to high, i'm used the heatkiller 3 (copper version) a koolance 280 and a ek dcp 4 pump.

At the fan speed i'm using the temperature changes shouldn't be anywhere near that high accordign to reviews i've read. A similar setup to mine using an i7 at 4ghz registered at 5c delta.
    I've also noticed that my radiator, which is outside the case, is still cool to touch, does this mean that there is a problem with the block/cpu connection (i'm using arctic silver 5, which i know needs curing but it shouldn't be responsible for these higher temps?)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

What temperatures are you getting?

A 5ºC Delta will be the difference between ambient and the water temperature not between ambient and CPU temp.

The radiator shouldn't feel hot, if it does it means there's too much heatload for it to adequately dissipate.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Is there still air in the block/Radiator?

Squeeze the return tube continuously (whilst its running) from your Cpu block to help get out all those air bubbles.

Simon.

4. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Ok, thanks i shall try that :) i did run it for quite a while with the top off to try and get rid of the bubbles. The only other thing i just realised was i only washed out the radiator twice, could that mean flux is stuck in the waterblock?
    I'm just suprised as i would've thought the cpu would run cooler than it does atm in idle its 30c but load usually puts it up by about 15c
    Thanks

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Might be worth a check and give the cpu block a good clean out. Also Silver 5 does take a while to mature.

I think your problems are a combination of everything posted. My advise would be to start from scratch, and once everything is up and running, I would leave it for a week before posting back temps. This will give your system time to bed in properly.

Cheers,

Simon.