1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD to launch netbook platform

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Mar 2010.

1. Blanx3_Bytex

Blanx3_Bytex What's a Dremel?

Srsly crazyceo where did all the intense AMD hate come from?
    Did an amd engineer cheat on your wife?
    Did a truckload of Phenom II's run over your dog?
    Did your overclocked AMD athalon blow up in your face?

If Amd wasn't giving any competition then intel could charge whatever the **** it wanted, which is kinda what is happening now with the latest i7's, Intel, just like AMD is just trying to turn a profit, not be your friend.

I love mah core 2 duo rig yet I use a Phenom II for my gaming rig am i a pansy "fangirl" in your eyes then?

2. bbshammo

bbshammo What's a Dremel?

Oh dear.

It's always funny reading pot-call-kettle-black nonsense like this.

No offence mate, but you are clearly anti-AMD and therefore no different to a "fangirl", as you put it.

Your argument seems to assume that a firm can only succeed in a market if it's been in there from the start, which is just not the case.

There are countless cases of companies entering markets at maturity and succeeding.

There's no reason why AMD can't expect to enter the netbook market and take a fair slice, so long as they deliver a good product.

If their platform rival's ion, and atom in terms of performance and price, all that's left is marketing.

Thankfully, that's something that AMD are more than capable of challenging Intel and Nvidia with.

Furthermore, arguments like yours can be seen to infer that you almost want there to be less options for you when choosing a netbook.

As crazy as that sounds, it's more than believable from emotive "fangirls" like your good self ;)

How about you just buy the best kit for your money at the time you have it to spend?

Based on objective performance reviews at the time, of course.

Alternatively, you could just continue to always find a them-and-us stance on issues that don't call for it, and give yourself a pat on the back for sticking one to the "others".

*rolls eyes

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Even then intel are making it hard for nvidia in that department. Its very possible that with ATI/AMD being one company plus able to make their own chipsets that they can put together a complete low powered package that can rival both companies. I would love to see VIA and ARM get more involved too but even then I can still see atom dominating the market for some time due to being established and having intel marketing machine behind it.

The way I see it, ion is the way forward for ultra low power. Nvidia will most likely come under just as much if not more pressure from AMD/ATI entering the market than intel especially since I haven't seen very many ion based netbooks in stores. Nvidia really need a company with a x86 licence to even have a chance with ion.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I don't care for netbooks.

I just want a decent AMD based Notebook, the ones they have now are severely lacking in cache.

5. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

High horses girls.

Yet again a no news topic about more hot air from AMD and the fangirls whining because the product and company is questioned.

LMFAO!

6. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

This thread has been a highly entertaining read. Keep it up :D

7. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

You're all wrong. Let's stop this fanboy arguement, and go with my new one. This is the most advanced personal computer processor known to mankind

Godlike processing power

Cower in the face of a real processor - a processor without fanboys / fangirls :thumb:

8. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

C'mon guys! you know I'm taking the piss so stop taking it personally.

I am right though! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Tags: Add Tags