1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress AMDoras Box - ITX LLano build - 12/12-11 Sketches and watercooling considerations!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheiken, 15 Nov 2011.

1. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

The fact that everybody says so, just makes me feel even more stupid :D

2. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Alright, I have decided to do this properly! I will watercool this computer, I think making it silent and cool is impossible otherwise.

The front fan intake on this case is severely restricing airflow! Solution = Make a new front fascia! I will cut out a big chunk of the front, including the front ports and switches. This space will be replaced with a tinted piece of plexi with a 140mm fan hole where the radiator will reside.
    And I will replace the current switches with a vandal switch.

[​IMG]

Is a 140mm rad enough to cool my cpu and gpu?

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

And if anyone watching has some epic sketchup skills, I would very much like your assistance, as that could help me realize some of the design ideas that I have but cant realize on my own!

4. fractal arc modder

fractal arc modder What's a Dremel?

Hey it should be enough depends tho of what you are running etc.

I do know Pny has brought out a all in one gpu thats water cooled and it has a cpu block with it as well.

5. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I am running, what is in my sig.

An AMD A8-3850 running 3.5ghz and my GTX560.

I was thinking about going all EK for the watercooling components. If I find a suitably powerful 140mm fan I think it should be doable.

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I rate the idea with the tinted plexi would look cool...but as you said a picture from sketchup would be good!

7. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

What I would really like, is a honeycomb mesh cutout instead of the regular hole, but I cant create that in sketchup :p