1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American police shoot dead a teenager

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Lance, 24 Nov 2014.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Well, since I was last here there have been 16 17 replies, and since I'm the only one 100% critical of the police action I'm going to save my reply for the wee hours when I have time to catch up.

However, during my absence I did recall this illuminating article

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, it's all mediapathic. However as a mental health worker I have been privvy to some of the people and situations that the police are expected to deal with on a daily basis. I would (with all due respect, and in my humble opinion) like to suggest that most people are just not aware of what goes on in the more destitute layers of society. As I pointed out above: there are neighbourhoods in the US (and possibly the UK) where, if a kid pulls out a gun, it is a real one and it is to shoot you.

That does not exonerate them-vs-us stand-off behaviour, but it is understandable. The police's job is to maintain order. That is what is expected of them. They place themselves between chaos and violence and generally wildly dysfunctional behaviour and the rest of the community so that ostensibly "normal" people like you and I can carry on living in our cotton-wool cocoon that we call civilised society. And then we criticise them if they don't do it nicely enough, with due regard for our fair trade, free-range organic moral values and armchair opinions of how they should go about doing it.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

so another case of a black kid getting murdered by a white cop.
    white cop gets off with murder. again.

UKARA airsoft sniper rifle UK:

[​IMG]

and USA airsoft rifle:

[​IMG]

one is slightly more obvious - change the orange to camo and as said it becomes a RIF and covered by the VCRA

4. VipersGratitude

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon... with nail polish. These ****ing amateurs...

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I did once see a little metal plate that you fit between grip and body on the 1911 that acts as a belt hook, so it doesn't slip down your trousers, but hey. Chafing is rarely good!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Believe it. In forensic psychology you get to meet some toe cutters.

7. liratheal

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

FTFY

Where I grew up there was kids of that age that carried guns and would shoot you just for the street cred and if you happened to have some money to be taken that was a bonus

9. liratheal

Where did you grow up, a Midsomer village?!

10. VipersGratitude

I was actually disagreeing with your appraisal. If not the most vehement I'm certainly the most prolific critic of the police's action in this instance, yet I fall far from your "cotton-wool cocoon" characterization. Having, as you're aware, had childhood experiences that left me thick-skinned enough to fearlessly navigate the entire cultural gamut of inner-city Belfast, I was half-joking about the toe, and half-serious.

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Black or white, young or old, if the police think you have a gun and present a danger then they will shoot you.

"If you play with feathers, you will get your bum tickled."

12. veato

veato I should be working

A minor in a park, not posing a threat, i.e. gun was not pointed at the cops, after a 911 caller suggested the kids gun might be fake, is shot and killed.

I am not on the side of the cops with this. Shame on them.

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Why did they call the cops then?

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

its not bright orange so its now an example of VCRA , so using it in the street gets you an armed response unit. UKARA allows you to get the non bright orange version for use in sanctioned airsoft events.

that's whats its about - why do you have an imitation firearm in Blackburn highstreet at 11.30AM sir? oh going to an airsoft event - so why are you not complying with the licence? shall we have a trip in my car to chat about it....

running around the street with a gun gets you the apporiate response; one that's easy to talk away IF its bright orange.

unless you like having the police talk to you?

15. VipersGratitude

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Last edited: 25 Nov 2014
  17. VipersGratitude

You mean like these guys who obviously deserve a death sentence?

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

*Sigh*

Who said anyone "deserves a death sentence"?

Try not to be so dramatic and stick to the topic.

19. VipersGratitude

Anyone defending the cop's actions are indirectly saying the kid deserved it for non-compliance.

I am sticking to the topic. It's not beyond possibility, in fact it's quite likely that a 12yr old could have watched one of those 527,000 results and interpreted it as normative, albeit slightly deviant, behaviour.

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Peckham