1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Easter Message

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 16 Apr 2006.

1. BobCobb

BobCobb What's a Dremel?

Different strokes for different folks. There are advantages and disadvantages, percieved or real, to both consoles and PCs.

Personally I am a PC enthusiast and a CS major, so PC gaming naturally takes precedence. Some may be console gamers, and their habits reflect that. Neither consoles nor PCs are going away any time soon, so theres no need to argue. Everyone can get along and enjoy themselves, it is the glory that is variety.

Saying that, consoles make gaming available to people that could not afford high-end PCs, but alot fo you forget that you don't need a high-end brand new PC to play even games like FEAR. Sure the graphics won't be set to the max, but the advantages of the keyboard and mouse make up for that. And PCs are much more versatile and serve many more functions than consoles.

In the end, if the only reason you need a magic box is to play games, consoles are probably your best bet. But if you enjoy the thousands of things you can do with a PC, that is the way to go.

If consoles want to overtake PCs in popularity for gaming, it will take alot of innovation and open standards in the development of hardware as well as software. I just don't see that happening any time soon.

On that note, I look forward to the Revolution. If I buy a next-gen console, that will most likely be it. Innovation will become more and more important as the graphical limits are hit.

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Keyboards will work with the 360, just not the way most people want them to work.
    You can use a keyboard to enter text anywhere that the on-screen keyboard can -
    You might not be able to game with them, but I'd still advise to have one plugged in simply as they're so much better/easier/quicker to use than the on-screen keyboard widget.

OT: I thought I saw Mr Haz in an issue (Feb) of OXM a few months back on the gamer face page (37).

Tags: Add Tags