1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And it's goodbye from me...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by brumgrunt, 25 Feb 2013.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Well I'll be damned that's probably the nicest comment I've ever received while I've been working here :D My pleasure sir!

I can also reiterate Ed's calibre as someone who is more than capable of giving bit-tech what it needs. On top of his experience he's also a thoroughly nice chap who I'm looking forward to working with. Also, thanks to Simon for his hard work over the last year and bit.

2. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

We don't have that?! Yeah, I'll definitely look into it.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Mac?

:thumb:

This could be awesome, a long-time forumite becoming editor. All aboard the fun train, woo-woo! :D

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ed, I demand 4,000 word motherboard reviews or no advertising!

;);)

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We don't. Every day we have to manually trawl through about 2000 new registrations and try and pick out the real ones. Real people get inevitably rejected/deleted by mistake. This has been going on for the best part of a year.

So yeah, if you could do something about that you'd have our eternal gratitude. :thumb:

6. Meanmotion

Know anyone that might want to write them? ;)

7. Meanmotion

Righty ho, here's hoping that's something I can get fixed fairly promptly.

8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

He certainly is :p
    Aw shucks. Thanks! Means a lot :D

Farewell to Simon, in my short time here he's always been a pleasure to work with. Looking forward to seeing what changes Ed (and Mat) bring to the table!

9. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Can we please do a cheesecake comparison to finally put to bed that strawberry cheesecake is the one cheesecake to rule all others !

10. Meanmotion

Tell you what, let's do a homemade cheesecake competition and you can use your own 'special recipe'. ;)

11. kelvinb

Deal..... bring on the cheesecake, wonder if royal mail could be trusted with one in the post !

12. Nexxo

The one with the secret ingredient?

13. kelvinb

haha fung fu panda rocks !!!

14. Nexxo

"There is no charge for awesomeness" :D

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It's still one of my favourite films...

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well it's been something of a bumpy ride over the last year or so - and to be fair most of those bumps have primarily involved advertising woes, which are ultimately out of Simon's hands - but I can see that things are definitely changing for the better. Good luck in the future Simon, and thanks for all your work.

I'll agree that Ed's "pedigree" (for want of a better term...I'm not trying to compare anyone to a dog! :p) does seem an excellent fit for bit-tech, and I can certainly see the value in wanting to branch out and expand the audience. The only reservation I would have - and I'm sure that anyone running a site that's seen any measure of success is already well aware of this - is that there's always the risk of diluting your core content and alienating long-standing readers/members/whatever-us-old-timers-are-called. Though to be honest, many people will cry foul and storm off in a huff at the slightest hint of change anyway; I'm not criticising anyone specifically here, but I worked in Change Management in a large enterprise for a long time and once you understand the behavioural patterns it's hard to avoid seeing them everywhere.

IMO there's no point trying to compete with sites like AnandTech and producing massively in-depth analyses and articles; you'll lose that battle before you even start fighting it, and you'll expend a lot of time and effort while doing it. Stick to what you do well and keep trying to do it better; I read bit-tech because of the quality of the writing (aside from the odd spelling/grammar error here and there - I'm looking at you, Gareth! :p), not because they produce 15-page reviews of a USB card.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I do'nt knwo whta yoru takling abuot.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Don't know why, but I read that with Jimmy Nail's voice in my head...