1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Skeleton

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 12 Nov 2008.

1. mauvecloud

mauvecloud What's a Dremel?

Why didn't you include the Antec P182 in the temperature comparisons?

2. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i still can't believe they just have the extra hardrives hanging off the back of the case like that! yikes!

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Our spokesman has only one thing to say about this "non-case":-

[​IMG]

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

We reviewed the Antec P182 well over 18 months ago, and have changed our case and heat sink testing set-up a fair bit since, as well as being a hwole lot more thorough in our testing practises, so the results wouldn't really be comparable, although needless to say the P182 would have performed better on CPU tests thanks to the full support for after market heatsinks, but would have likely delivered inferior GPU cooling.

5. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

nice concept, bad execution. Next, please!

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, all the excentric design decisions aside two words come to mind: electromagnetic interference. This "case" (and I use the term lightly) doesn't seem incorporate any EMI shielding at all. Is that even legal to have in your home?

As for the Antec P182, it's a great case, with one tiny, yet unbearably irritating, flaw: there's no way to swap the way the door opens. For someone having the pc on the right-hand side this just isn't usable. :S

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

This is a joke right??? the price makes it seam like a joke

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

so is this like the worse case you have rated so far or is there something lower? if there is something lower please linky, I could use a good laugh ^__^

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

*double post sorries*

10. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

It's def. overpriced at the moment, if you ask me. Once the price comes down a lot, it'd be a great source or starting point for a mod, though. But the question is, would it be better to buy the trays by themselves, or the splurge on the whole case once the price inevitably drops...?

11. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Yeah, it's real hard to make an open air test bench. All you need is a motherboard box, and a big desk. Just plop the board on the box, and array your components around it. Voila. $0.

12. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

When I saw it for the first time, a phrase came to mind from my business management professor... "Your baby is ugly." It's what peoples underlings are supposed to say to their when their boss has a "great idea" for a product that is actually $hit. But, as is the case most of the time, they hop on brown nose express and try to score some points with the boss and tell him how wonderful the product is and help the company hemorrhage $...

13. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

"But surely the £130 you spent on the Skeleton could have been better spent on a core hardware upgrade?"

I paid about $155 US. Admittedly it was a purchase I made for the fun factor of it, not because it was a good price. If I had had a system with a large cpu cooler I would have been peeved. But I'm slowly building a water cooled uber 4 core machine in a P182 case, so the skeleton was just to have a fun place to put my old desktop in, and to evaluate the concept of a skeleton type case.

The real question most of us should be thinking here is: will the smaller skeleton now come out, and will it be a good platform to put an xbox 360 in?

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

It's a shame. I was expecting a lot from this case. I still want to et one though and mod it. My designs basically fix all the problems you have found anyway (except the rear loading mobo tray).

15. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

16. mink

mink What's a Dremel?

In a word - HIDEOUS!

I can't believe somebody actually paid money for that - Otto69 :p