Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^Seen that video a while ago, I have a DNA40 mod but prefer kanthal, easier to make & mount coils.

Smoking used to make things yellow, sticky & stinky, vaping makes things greasy I've noticed, whether that was due to high VG juice or not though I'm not sure.

So I'm going to try sticking to only vaping outside as of right now, if I can stick to that it should cut my vaping down a lot too.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Saw you mention this before. I've not had this problem at all, and my office gets so cloudy I've got a job to see through the fog.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

5. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I always blow my vapour out the right side of my mouth straight onto a wall and never had a problem either.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I suspect it's something in one of the flavourings.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Then I'd say check the ingredients on that flavour/juice ASAP. If the vapour leaves a greasy film over everything then what's it doing to the lungs :/.

8. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Quick question as I'm looking to spend about £50 on one of these boxy-looking mofo's... Where do I start?
    I read the acronyms and honestly feel lost after 10 minutes. I understand that retailers will boost the price due to overheads and such but I'm looking for something reliable, that I'll probably only toke on 2-3 times a day and that, at some point in the future, will look at making my own juices (I want to get my "Towlie" on...)

I've had those cheap starter pens and they aren't for me... any thoughts?

thanks in advance,

Ian

9. Shirty

See my post #939, great value for the performance and you can blow piss-takingly huge clouds if you want to :p

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I use capella & TPA flavours, I know some flavours aren't good for you related to things like popcorn lung & who knows what else & was using high VG, I've since diluted my juices 50% with PG & not had the problem, this also halves the flavour & nicotine concentration so should be a bit safer.

It was only leaving a layer on a few certain things, I found it odd how it was only in particular places like the back panel of my pc case it got a build up of oil between the psu & expansion slots but nowhere else on the panel so figure it was passing through the GPU, it also mounted up on the PSU cover which was directly below the gpu fan, this was on an open air case BTW, the metal bar on the tv stand & the glass tv stand got oil on, tv frame & screen, walls & most surfaces had nothing, pretty odd.

I remember a tv news article before I started vaping about a guy that switched from smoking to vaping & a year later died from oil in the lungs.

Stoptober is coming up so I might give it a try to quit vaping, I'm over the nicotine addiction, now it's just habit.

12. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Get a Kangertech Subox. It's the perfect beginner-looking to advance mod that comes with (almost) everything.

Unless you're well versed in coil building, wicking and ohms law then I'd suggest staying away from RDA's (aka drippers) until you know that is what you want. They're only cheap and you'll kick yourself for not having a more versatile setup if you just have a dripper. Play with the Subox for a while then decide if that's enough. Hell it even comes with a mini RDA deck that you can practice coils on. I've got five RDA's, built various claptons, helix's, etc and still go back to a decent tank. They're much easier.

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Drippers are fine for at home but you cant beat a tank for convenience

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Not so versatile or easy when you're driving, which is why I don't use them.

16. [PUNK] crompers

Different strokes I guess but personally I don't want to carry around a bottle of juice as well as my device.

Squonking I could get behind but I haven't seen a reasonably priced bottom feed box yet.

17. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

18. Shirty

I use a Subtank Mini or my Lemo Drop when driving, and I have a suite of drippers with differing builds to suit different mods/juices depending on my mood for the more sedentary vapes.

Flavour is definitely a notch better on RDAs than on tanks though, that cannot be denied.

For the best of both worlds, have both in your arsenal :)

19. [PUNK] crompers

Yeah see i fill my tank the night before, stick the mod on charge and then grab it off my desk in the morning when I'm inevitably late, I want one 'thing' that i can get through the day with.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Erm, no.
    How on earth does the average driver deal with changing the radio station, winding down a window, picking their nose, using their indicators, changing gear etc etc in your world :eyebrow:

A car can be driven safely with one hand on the steering wheel if the other is needed elsewhere momentarily, stick shift or not

You don;t carry any spares? :eeek: