1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I just got to play around with an ego T and as it suits me well, I'm about to order an Joyetech eCom doubleset with 1000mAh.

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

[​IMG]

0,7 ohms = ~25 watts from full battery, ~17W when I feel like recharging. Wonder how long the insulator lasts, I have a feeling that I'm going to melt it.

And yes, my usual 10mg juices give way too harsh throat hit.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  3. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

The MVP2 is a sealed unit isnt it??? Do you mean you have the VTR??? Nice choice in batteries either way...

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I beg your pardon... yes the it's the iTaste VTR I have. This one: http://www.innokin.com/itaste-vtr.html

Excellent bit of kit. Weighs an absolute ton though :)

5. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Is there any good website for e-cigs on the interweb? Like a bit-tech but for e-cigs. I am very new to them and would like to read about them a bit.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

http://ukvapers.org/

7. Andersen

10m of 0,40mm kanthal arrived and...

[​IMG]

I call this "nicotine overdoser".

8. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

What diameter are the coils and what was the overall resistance of that one...

9. Andersen

Wrapped on a 2,5mm drill bit and its 0,8 ohms +-0,1.

Edit: I created a monster

Eight wraps of 0,40 kanthal on 2,5mm drill bit and cotton wick

[​IMG]

That thing creates monster clouds.

[​IMG]

Had 8mg juice in there and now I have a headache thanks to mild nicotine overdose.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2014
  10. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Andersen, what's the atty please? I've only been using BCC clearos so far but I'm wanting to go to something RDA like with a tank - dripping won't cut it with how much juice I go through a day :eek:

I ended up going with an itaste V3 then an SVD - variable wattage kicks some serious arse :D Tanks are EVOD, Protank 2 Mini, Unitank and Mini as well as a Hyper Tank.

Mostly mech mod pipe next, I have the parts but just haven't sussed out all of the connections yet.

Another vaping community worth a look is www.thevapersden.com - multi national but very friendly and informative.

11. Andersen

Its the Aga-T2, bought that from London to boot. Just make sure that you get one with glass tank, acrylic breaks when exposed to certain liquids.

If you are serious about going the RBA route, get a mech mod. Regulated like SVD dont fire if the resistance is too low while mechs are happy to do so. Also its easy to go sub-ohm with mesh and micros so mechs are pretty much an absolute requirement.

12. Grimloon

Cheers dude and I'm building my own mech mod - so much you can do with regular plumbing supplies :)

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Having read alot lately about eCigs I've finally ordered a Joyetech eCom doublepack with the 1000mAh battery.

It's not as fancy maybe as some of the mods outthere, but it's a nice device at a good price. I ordered mine from a german store at €115 and with two batteries two tanks and 5 atomizers I think it's good value. Should last a year, before this kit is worn out and I've to change batteries and the atomizers.

Anyone here have any experiences with the eCom?

14. Grimloon

I have no experience with it, it doesn't look like a bad kit but always take the atomiser life with a large pinch of salt - I kill an EVOD/Protank coil or two a fortnight and they're supposed to last around a month.

I'm using this bunny right now:

[​IMG]

Innokin Cool Fire II which just happens to be shaped like a mini grenade. If you drop it you'll put a dent in the floor but the mod will be fine :p It only takes an 18350 battery (800 mah ish) so won't last all day but is variable wattage from 7 to 12.5 so you can adjust it for preference. The tank it comes with is nice too, Iclear 30B. Dual bottom coil so lots of flavour with it. I got it up to 12 W before it started tasting a little burnt. Like all the Innokin mods it's threaded for 510 and eGo so you can put most things on it, one of my Unitank Minis is filled with mojito juice and that's what's on it now.

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

So, my eCom arrived and I took some pictures of it.

First, what's in the package...

[​IMG]

Two battery-packs, two tanks, 5 coils, three mouthpieces, 5 silicon-thingies for the mouthpiece, 5 covers for the microUSB-port, a charger and a cable, and two tools.

[​IMG]

The overall brushed finish of the metal is really nice.

The battery-pack and it's features...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tank and the coil...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mouthpiece ontop and filled tank...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least a fully assembled eCom in comparison to the last manual ***...

[​IMG]

The kit is really nice and cranking the VW up to 8W makes it a decent smoke. Currently usiing the Joyetech Virginia Blend, which is a little too sweet for my taste. I'll be testing Liqua American and Bright next, as they taste closer to a normal Marlboro oor Marlboro Light.

16. Andersen

That sure does look nice.

In other news: ordered knock-off versions of Chi You and AIOS T/D. Also got half a liter of 100mg base coming. That should last for a few years.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Glad it's not just me that kills evod atties:D if I get a week out of one it's bloody good going:jawdrop:

18. Grimloon

It might be worth buying some wick and wire and rebuilding them yourself mate. I'm planning on going down that route and seeing if I can build one that'll take a long burn better than the stock - I like taking a couple of puffs then a long drag and get a burnt taste at anything over 9 watts with most of my juices but I prefer a 50/50 PG/VG. The odd 80/20 I use seems to be fine up to around 11 watts off a bog standard EVOD with a 1.8 ohm coil. Same coils in my protank 2 mini, hyper tank and unitank minis so a rebuild for one is the same for all.

The EVODs and original VV batteries are now loaners for mates that want to give vaping a go, I love my mods too much to ever go back to the stick things. Next up is an Aga as it looks to be a solid starting point for a rebuildable :D

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Kanger announces some 10 days for their atties, but as they only cost some two bucks each changing them once a week isn't too bad imho.

I was considering the Kanger ProTank 3, because I very much like the Pyrex-tank, but I couldn't find a nice matching battery for it, so I opted for the Joyetech eCom and hope that their atties last longer, as they're way more expensive.

BTW... does anyone know of a matching battery-pack for the Kanger ProTank 3? Something simple like the CoolFire I with a fixed regulated output of 8-9W, but with even cleaner design and the larger 18650 battery?

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'm using 90ish% VG, and at just over a quid an atty I'm happy enough not to bother with self builds.

Hell 3 quid a week or less on atties is a drop of piss in the ocean compared to over 100 quid a week on fags.:rock: