1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple advises use of Mac anti-virus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Nov 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

~10% market share is hardly popular... and it's diminishing as people realize how crap it is.

2. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

Photoshop runs faster on a windows machine. 3DSmax runs faster on a windows machine. Games run faster on a windows machine. Benchmarks are one thing real-life is another.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I had one, it was ****.....

I had a powerpc but i discovered that a good pc could be built for less and that window 98se wasn't as bad as the original 98 so I jumped ship and never looked back. Back in the day system 6 was miles better than win 95 and system 6 was released a few years earlier but tbh since 2k the os advantages between the two are close to minimal if you use it for real work and i only use my pc for games and real work not for gawping at the pretty case and fancy effects in the os, pretty much why i run xp in 2k mode and fluxbox in linux.

4. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

just because they build their own boards doesn't meant that they are good at it.

you really need to stop quoting outdated articles. This article was published in october '07 and is no longer valid.

5. Ted Landry

Ted Landry What's a Dremel?

but keep in mind Apple owns the top 10% of the market, 60% of the above $2,000 class machines and Apple is the 3rd biggest vendor after HP and DeLL which have been marginalized to just make generic Mac Clones.

ah, Macs are extremely popular, this panorama photo from yesterday says it all :)

http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/AppleMUC1/

--

6. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

have you taken a statistics class before ted?

if not, here is something you might want to look up: statistically relevant samples.

the output from one store for one day would only be relevent if the tome period was 1 week and there were ~10 stores. in apples case you'd need to take the quarterly sales from at least 10% of its stores and 10% of its online sales and comapre it to the same of all the PC OEM's combined.

I think what you will find is that for every mac sold there are vastly more windows machines sold.

7. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Oh yeah, Dell and HP make Apple clones... RIGHT! [/sarcasm]

And it's not because it'll cost you an arm and a leg, that it's good... Altough 10% of the total market seems a bit too much, more like 1% or less... of the expensive bloat market it could be 60%, because when you want to spend big on a system, you don't buy premade crap, except for premade Apple crap...

Bluephoenix likes this.
  8. GoodBytes

It must be noted that 10% is the number of sales.... not the number of people using MacOS, or actually using the computer.
    In fact if you come to Montreal, look at some coffee shops or university, I can tell you that (being generous) 1 in every 20 Mac user actually run Mac OS, they all run Windows XP or Vista (or a Linux distro. for some)

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Because you can get them everywhere and cheaper. :D

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

All completely irrelevant because that doesn't take into account the HUGE amount of home built PCs made each year from individual components, and that alone is the main reason most people opt for a PC instead of a Mac in the first place. PCs over £2000 are generally home builds and not a preconfigured box of crap.

One other thing that really, really bugs me about Apple is this attitude that Apple people buy Apples because they're individual and don't follow the crowd... yet end up buying a box that looks exactly the same as every other apple box.

You want individuality and the ability to express yourself? The ONLY logical choice is a PC then isn't it? You may like to look through the Project logs section to re-acquaint yourself with what individuality in computing is all about at this point Ted.

I've come to the conclusion that no normal person is so rabidly "pro" anything outside of religion and politics, so therefore I am assuming he is simply a troll.

Bluephoenix likes this.
  11. GoodBytes

As fun as this thread is going, I think enough points has been made here on Apple ""Computers"", and now the discussion is not moving, and Ted is spiting out the same crap like some kind of brain washed cockroach/parrot mutant, which keeps insulting us non-stop. I vote for closing this thread and temporary or indefinitely banning him, unless he publicly apologies to all of us.

Bluephoenix likes this.
  12. Glider

Glider /dev/null

QFT
    The guy already made an utter fool of himself, what more do you want? ;)

13. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Yup, I'm a dumb redneck INCORRECT. Actually I'm a young educated man that served my country because pussies like you hide behind the walls we real men provide. As for my education I'm affraid you are way off sir. MY first college degree was from OSU and I graduated with a 3.86GPA in International Studies. I'm currently working on my masters in Political Science which as of now I have a 4.0GPA. Prior to college I spent time in the USMC and fought in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I do not support the Iraq war and I only support the justified Afghanistan war. It's people like you that makes me wish the planes hit your home instead of the towers. You're a feeble little MacFanboy that needs to do the world a favor and kill yourself.

Just incase you can't read my PC coding. GO **** YOURSELF!

Last edited: 7 Dec 2008
    Bluephoenix likes this.
  14. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

/cheer :rock:

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I have to agree with Pook here, regardless of your choice of OS or hardware manufacturer, no one is genuinely this fanatical.
    I declare a troll, thread closed and user banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.