1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Apple MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Legendmir, 8 Nov 2014.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

Game installs are getting bigger by the month. 250gb is like 5-10 new game installs.

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

No idea how you manage it! My rMBP has a 256GB SSD and I'm having to use a pair of 2TB externals for my photo library and media library (one drive each) - even with that, I've shot over 128GB used. I don't even game on the MBP (well, L4D2 is installed but that is it)!

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It helps that most of my work is words, of course. I've plenty of miscellaneous files, but they're on a 2TB Btrfs array on the server - accessible remotely if need be, of course. Sure, I take photos, but not many that are work-related - 100MB compressed per Hobby Tech column, on average.

According to df, my laptop has 80GB used and 31GB free from its 128GB SSD (111GB user-usable capacity.) That's with all my work files and work-related software, and according to Steam 21 games from my library currently installed. Does for me!