Rant Apples haters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 21 Apr 2012.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Furball, edit your post and remove the picture from smashingshare.com - Chrome flags it as a site that distributes malware.

It isnt actually appearing anyway

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So because he attempted to inject a little humour by sharing his opinion through pictures, rather than typing a wall of text, his opinion isn't wanted? Right, got it.

This whole thread is about opinions. No one persons is more or less valid than anyone elses.

Furball Zen likes this.
  3. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Not my fault you use a non-standard browser, the site is fine. If i wanted, i could send a report about bit-tech, and you do realize that those are user submitted reports? Besides google is getting just as bad as Apple anymore.

Heh, thanks :)

Fizzban likes this.
  4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

User submitted reports you say ? http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=smashingshare.com

Not our fault you use browser with no phishing control.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

But what if you like the taste of Coca Cola?

6. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Then you weigh the benefit and disadvantages for using the product.

7. Furball Zen

Do you know how to read that page?

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, smashingshare.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Besides, i copied the link from a post i made elsewhere back in December.

But w/e im not changing it and youre derailing the thread.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It isn't about whether or not you think it's legitimate. It's about having the courtesy to remove an image that causes page 8 to redirect to a "malware detected" page for 35% of users.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

Thought I'd just weigh in here with my own personal reasons for never buying Apple, having done a bit of research in the past. I went on to the Apple site to update my list of reasons and decided to start with the buy page, I went for a Mac Pro. Started with the 12 core model, why not. My plan was to list how completely ludicrous their pricing scheme is - I got as far as the first option and decided for my own sanity not to go any further.

To add a 0.6Ghz bump to your two 6 core Xeons, Apple charge you an extra £981.

Please someone justify this for me, and at least aim for some form of realism in the attempt. Yes yes yes I realise it's their prerogative to charge what they please for services rendered but that is surely some form of illegal...

Edit: For extra lolz...

£82.

One final thing. After I spec'd my Mac Pro to the hilt (two 6-core Xeons, 64Gb of ram, 8tb of storage etc) I'm left with a single 5770. Can't change that. Spend 10.5 thousand on your PC, and be left with a 5770. Wut.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2012
  10. asmo

asmo What's a Dremel?

The above is why I don't buy apple, I posted it earlier but being a new user it didn't appear til this evening. Apple can't seem to operate unless they have a monopoly.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Oh dear, this has become a bit of a flame fest. I didn't see that coming, nothing changes :rolleyes:

If you like and use Apple products, good for you. If you don't then you are probably not part of their key demographic, so enjoy your chosen hardware/software instead.

Those who are able to juggle between Apple and non-Apple products are the enlightened ones. They will get the best of both worlds.

12. October

October Mariachi Style

I see no flames in my post, just some obvious errors over at the right hand side of the keyboard by someone in Cupertino ;)

I have nothing especially against the products themselves (except FCPX...eugh), but they charge ridiculous prices and the majority of (Apple using) people assume that because I paid less for the products I own and use, they are therefore automatically vastly inferior in design and purpose. Most of the 15 year old boys at our youth club have iPhones, one of them threw a fit because he broke his just before a residential and wouldn't come unless he was bought a new one. They won't listen to how my SII will do exactly the same things as their 4S's, as far as they're concerned Samsung make crap phones for people with no idea of quality. THAT, above all else, is what I really really don't like about Apple I suppose.

13. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Referring to the fact that the numpad is missing?

14. October

October Mariachi Style

Haha hadn't even thought of that! More the fact that whoever it was clearly had some sort of hand spasm as they were putting the shop page together :worried:

15. Furball Zen

Eh true, or w/e. I fixed it.

.6GHz for that???!!! Holy....

VipersGratitude likes this.
  16. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

THAT... is the overpricing some are talking about.

Lemme get a side-by-side comparison of System76 and Apple. See how their laptops fare out in price. With the exact same components.

I'm going to let you be the judge when I'm done.

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

That would buy you a TWO SR-X motherboards. I just thought I'd mention that :)

Carry on.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2012
  18. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

In my eyes, the people that go out of their way to bash apple products everytime somebody mentions anything about apple, are just as annoying as the fanboys! In my oppinion, there is no difference what so ever. Except for the fact that the first group have never owned anything Apple. I like my macbook for what it is, it has never let me down, and I think it was worth every penny. :)

19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I take a childish delight in dissing Apple whenever I can :)

I use a 27" iMac and a dual Xeon Mac Pro at work, and own a iPad.

Theory blown.

Any other stereotypes to be leveled at me? So far I don't like Macs because I can't afford one (Ahem.. see my sig), and I don't like Macs because I don't own/use one (I work in a photography dept. of a university.. duh!)

It seems some people just can not handle the thought that I am conversant with, regularly use and own Apple products, and still do not like them. Fanbois are like.. "Does not compute.. does not compute... BANG"

Next?

Last edited: 24 Apr 2012
  20. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Chrome a non-standard browser?

Lol.