1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Asrock trustworthy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keef247, 27 Apr 2023.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

Seen some pretty good reviews on an Asrock 6700XT I plan on buying next month...

I get pretty back luck with stuff so I'd like to know what I'm up against if they're unreliable over time from other peoples experience?

It has a 3 year warranty so that helps [​IMG]

Anyone had any bad experiences with the brand?

My issue is the original gpu I wanted has literally been discontinued anywhere I'd trust as a supplier and I'm not paying the same/more for slower variants with worse cooling/louder and the asrock is the only version with an ott hsf setup/beast clocks pre-oc'ed out the box so more likely to have decent silicone and work nicely for my undervolt I have planned along with coming from a supplier I trust should it go wrong...

So now I am stuck with going this route brand/model wise.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Apr 2023
  2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Only had their mobos in both consumer and enterprise specs, motherboards have received great support despite being years old.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

WHich one is it?

4. keef247

keef247 Modder

https://pg.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon RX 6700 XT Phantom Gaming D 12GB OC/index.asp

My issue is the original gpu I wanted has literally been discontinued anywhere I'd trust as a supplier and I'm not paying the same/more for slower variants with worse cooling/louder and the asrock is the only version with an ott hsf setup/beast clocks pre-oc'ed out the box so more likely to have decent silicone and work nicely for my undervolt I have planned along with coming from a supplier I trust should it go wrong...

5. keef247

keef247 Modder

Just rang the company I'm going to get it from, and yeah warranty wise it just goes direct back to them no messing about within the 3 years. So I think I'll go for this now despite being a brand I wouldn't normally use/trust...

I heard many horror stories about having to send things to other countries yourself etc but apparently none of that is my problem if I buy from said company.

So... I think I'm going to take a chance on Asrock gpu's. After all it's gotta be safer than buying second hand known brands with no warranty off miners/sweaty gamers :naughty:

Arboreal and SuperHans123 like this.
  6. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Heard good things about asrock boards, never had one myself.

Arboreal likes this.
  7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I've had an asrock z77 board, was absolutely fine. They used to be (if memory serves me right), essentially ASUS Jnr budget edition, but then got completely separated from ASUS. At first that led to a few problems as they figured everything out for themselves, but this was back in 775 days and they've since become a real contenders.

keef247 and Arboreal like this.
  8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

MrsYuu has an NZXT N7 B650E which is essentially a mildly modified ASRock and it's rock solid.

IanW and keef247 like this.
  9. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I've got an asrock b550m board. Had some memory compatibility issues on early BIOS, but is now rock solid, and the board looks and feels quality.

Haven't had to contact them for anything though, so no clue on customer service, and the manual is about as good as any other brand at not explaining any BIOS settings at all. I hadn't actually realised they were in the GPU game.

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

About as reliable as PC Chips
    [​IMG]

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Always been reliable for us

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I've been considering the N7 for when I eventually make the jump to AM5 :thumb:

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I can't fault it, even with the BIOS it came with, it hasn't skipped a beat.

IanW likes this.
  14. keef247

keef247 Modder

Doesn't matter anymore now guys, going Sapphire as getting a 7900XT next month :naughty:
    Thanks for everyones feedback though!

adidan likes this.
  15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

ASRock are... mostly ok...

They're not the bargain basement cheap junk they used to be... but there are times where that still pokes through in their wares.