1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 5 Jan 2013.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The stupid posters are actually glitched for me (360 also). Sometimes they're there and I can't rip them down, other times there's the little animus graphic and no poster.

I used to be an Assassin like you, then I took an arrow to the...

This drives me loopy too. I'm running down a street and then suddenly I'm the other side up a wall/fence. It's similar in multiplayer too, I'll end up on a wall when I don't want to be on one, and then if I'm locked onto a target and go for an acrobatic I'll just run around a corner instead. It's infuriating!

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The connor story line was rather crap, and I got confused by all the jumps in the date etc..

I found navigation the only real problem, and the fact they arsed up the map from AC2..

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Contrary to most other people, I must say I'm rather enjoying it. I've run into none of the bugs you've all described, just once a dog clipped into a cart while still running, which was pretty hilarious, but other than that everything seems fine. The horse riding works perfect for me.

I've also noticed none of the UI glitches, simply because I've disabled it (if only I could disable that stupid money-meter thing too…). Gives a much more cinematic experience and allows for more immersion imo. If I need to see a marker or something I just pop it on for a sec and then continue without.

I'm amazed at the attention to detail that went into this game. The sounds of your footsteps, the way the snow crumbles under your feet, the changes in weather, it's awesome.
    At the moment I'm just riding around on my horse through the Frontier, looking around, exploring, destroying the occasional patrol of redcoats I meet on my way. For the last few hours that's all I've been doing really, I'm not even thinking about going to Boston again, or heading towards my next objective (I wouldn't even know what it is tbh). The game gets much better once the 4 hour tutorial is over and you can just roam around.

I think I will uninstall once I've grown tired of exploring though, since I've heard many complaints about the story and the ending. I don't want that to ruin my memory of the game, like Mass Effect 3 did…

4. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

That much is definitely agreeable. the game is nothing short of breathtaking. But they could've done more if they hadn't rushed it, software-wise with combat, stealth, and smoothed over the actual glitches/bugs, and maybe gotten rid of the da$ned modlock. That could've, WOULD've made that much more of "i've just died and gone to heaven" of a game. like the batman games were for me, this one couldve given me a collapsed lung out of shock given a few more monthes.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It is quite an enjoyable game. The problem however lies in the fact that the game isn't a cohesive piece. It's definitively a fun and enjoyable game. But it's marred by what basically are baffling design decisions.

I liked it, but it suffered from a case of: "What exactly AM I DOING? and WHY??!" It's basically a game around a slightly wonky and buggy engine that has fun exploration but a rather badly paced story. Technical achievements are good as is the art. But the setting could've been more interesting.

6. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Got this game free from some nvidia/scan questionnaire.

The eavesdropping mission as Haytham, I tried to go from bushes into a cart over a fence & got thrown into the air instead (sadly no clip scene, that would have been hilarious to watch from further away) - later managed to somehow get trapped under a block of ice in the river. Frustrating.

And this QTE thing...did I miss something? I have ONCE managed to get it right & kill a wolf with the button mash but mostly I've just been shooting them with the bow. Should I have the axe as the default weapon or what?

7. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Have to say I'm taking my time with this game, and really enjoying it.. then again I love the old history parts. (ok its mostly all fairytale - but I love walking around in the old towns taking in the day to day routines) - havent really come across any major problems. Horses are fine.. characters are fine.. map works ok. Homestead thingy is a bit arsed.. so I've just not bothered with it.

Plays better on joypad. The main character indian dude Conner - it does get better as he grows up through the game. Starting as a boy.. learning the skills. Nope.. all good here.