1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus P5K Pro

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Apr 2008.

1. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

When I first saw this board I thought, this is definitely the board I am getting, but then I saw the ATX connector :wallbash:
    MOSFETs don't have to be Silicon, The most common meaning is Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor.

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

6 + 2 = 6? :)

There indeed is a ton of P35-motherboards on the markets and when I was getting my one, I eventually ended up pretty much picking one by random. Search "P35" came back with some 50+ motherboards from a webstore... Crazy.

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

dont those 2 rows of capacitors prevent the use of very heat sinks like the infinity? I know I can currently only mount it one direct on my P5B due to a similar issue.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The rear I/O has 6 and the pin-outs on the board have 6 = 12 :)

Min: Which capacitors? The ones right next to the CPU socket, surrounding two sides are very short and within the Intel spec and standard across all motherboards.

5. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

My experience with the 680i series was that Asus really dropped the ball as far as RAM compatibility goes, especially in the realm of 4x1gig kits. Did you guys just do your testing with a 2x1gig kit of OCZ, or did you try other brands or different setups like 4x1 or 2x2?

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

First thought: Wow a new p35 board.

Then I saw the layout on the second page: Damn what have they done to the ATX connector! haven't they learned how to do it right with all the other previous board. Whats wrong with the memory slots? why have they shifted two of them towards the PCI-E slot. Why not use 90 degree SATA slots on the side of the motherboard? Who invented those damn flimsy ridiculously SATA connectors anyway. Must have been someone who handles fine glass or something other very fragile. Still using 160 year old floppy connector. In 2008 its a waste of space, coper lanes and other resources. I still cannot understand why the hell all manufacturers still insist using it.

Ok... enough rants for today

7. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

as said in the test setup, 2GB DDR2 800MHz at 3-3-3-9-1T timings, where possible

8. Rege

Rege What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Just wanted to add a warning for all the people who have/consider having this motherboard. Don't go with OCZ memories if you want to overclock - they seem not to like each other very much.

Cheers

9. Stream-mk2

Stream-mk2 What's a Dremel?

So, guys I need your advice. What would you prefer to buy for use with E7200 and single VGA - P5K Pro or P5K-E\WiFi AP ?
    Sory for my english, I'm from Russia =)

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Go with the Pro, you probably would never use the extras the other boards provide, and you can pick up a wireless card for cheap these days.

Tags: Add Tags